4.5 Star Reviews Book Reviews

Safe With Me by: Kristen Proby Review

6:55 AMAlma Lopez

Safe With Me by: Kristen Proby



Keeping others safe is what Caleb Montgomery does. He’s never had a problem taking on an assignment, whether it was during his dangerous SEAL days or his most recent job of training war mercenaries. But being assigned to keep Brynna Vincent and her adorable daughters, Maddie and Josie, safe from an unknown threat has thrown Caleb off his axis. Hot for the tall brunette since she came back to town more than a year ago, being close to her day in and day out is cracking Caleb’s resolve to keep his hands off her gorgeous body and his head in the mission.

Brynna is sick and tired of being afraid. All she wants is a normal, quiet life for her and her precious girls. Just as she’s settling into her new home in Seattle and feeling safe again, Caleb shows up on her doorstep insisting the danger is as high as ever. But whether she needs to be sheltered from the threat in her past, or from the intense emotions she feels for the sexy, protective man sleeping in her home, remains to be seen. What will happen if Brynna and her girls fall in love with a man so broken he may not be able to protect them from the danger that threatens, much less himself?

SAFE WITH ME is the fifth book in the With Me In Seattle series, and continues to follow this tight-knit, loving family through life’s trials and tribulations with humor, passion and everlasting love.


Review:

I can't rave enough about the With Me In Seattle Series! Her eminence that is Kristen Proby does it again. This addition is definitely a loin burner! Caleb's story was set up perfectly in the previous books, which left me with high anticipation for this book to come out. I love all the characters and couldn't wait to dive into Caleb and Brynna's journey. It is hard to pick a favorite in this series but this one definitely hit close to home, coming from a military family with my dad being retired Army and my husband and brother both currently in the military as well, so some details were relatable and touched me on a deep level.

Safe With Me is the story of Caleb Montgomery, the rough around the edges Navy SEAL, who is surrounded by a cloud of  mystery that just makes him even more alluring to all the senses. He is a sexy puzzle that I would love to spend hours trying to solve. Caleb is a testosterone dripping male who will never back down from anyone especially when it comes to protecting  Brynna and her twins Josie and Maddie. Okay, I know I am rambling...what can I say, Caleb is sultry! Where was I? Oh yea, we finally uncover the mystery behind Brynna's return to Seattle, and let me tell ya, it was not what I had imagined it to be. Despite Caleb's initial noble reasons behind moving in with Brynna to keep them safe, his intentions become more and more skewed due to their intense attraction that sizzled of the pages. He struggles to keep his dirty thoughts in check, especially with Brynna's obvious reciprocation to said dirty thoughts. His strength and self control is weakening by the minute.

"Let's get this straight, Brynna. I want you so bad my teeth hurt. I have wanted you for months. But you're part of my family and I am suppose to be protecting you. Dropping my guard and fucking you into the mattress is no the way to keep any of you whole."- Caleb

Caleb and Bryan's connection is intense but at the same time they soothe and bring peace to each other's lives. Although Brynna was dealt a bad hand with being a single parent on top of the stress of dealing with the danger her and her family have been thrust into, Caleb provides stability and makes her feel safe. On the same note, Brynna brings a calmness to the struggle Caleb has with his on going nightmares and anxieties from is missions as a Navy SEAL. The relationship he has with Brynna's twin girls is just so adorable and heart warming. You can see the love physically seeping from his pores for all of them but he convinces himself time and time again that they all deserve better than what he can give them.

"It would destroy me if you or those babies were hurt, Brynna. You are necessary to my survival, god damnit, and I'll do whatever I have to do to keep you safe and whole, but I need you to talk to me when something feels wrong, and I need you to do as you're damn well told!"- Caleb

The back and forth fight between them and their feelings, added with the backdrop of tension and danger from her ex-husband's past makes, for a tentilizing edge of your seat love story. The interactions with Caleb and the girls are so captivating and precious. It really brought out some out loud 'aww's' and touched my inner mom to the core. They both need to find a balance between their demons and baggage to feel worthy of each other's love. Nothing comes easy of course, and their happily ever after doesn't come without exasperating heart break.
"I am so proud of you. From the minute I met you, I've been proud of you. Not many can do what you've done, Caleb. I'm sorry that you have demons, that you lost you're men in that mission, but that doesn't make you less of a man, anymore than my baggage from my first marriage make me less of a woman."-Brynna

I loved every second of this sizzling, nail biting, touching story. Kristen Proby knows how to write a seductive steamy alpha male like no other. Caleb solidly got me hot and bothered while simultaneously touching at my heart strings. I thoroughly enjoy the fact that you get to continue the story of all the previous couples with each additional book. I love catching up with the whole Montegomery gang. I desperately wish that there really was a family gene pool out there with such amazingly handsome male specimens. We got a better look at the last Montegomery brother, Matt, the player who is also a cop. I anxiously await his story entitled Tied with Me due to be released in 2014!

4.5 out of 5 steamy stars!




About the Author:


Kristen is the author of the Amazon and USA Today bestselling With Me In Seattle series. She has a passion for a good love story and strong characters who love humor and have a strong sense of loyalty and family. Her men are the alpha type; fiercely protective and a bit bossy, and her ladies are fun, strong, and not afraid to stand up for themselves.

Kristen spends her days with her muse in the Pacific Northwest. She enjoys coffee, chocolate and sunshine. And naps. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form