4 Star Reviews Book Reviews

White Trash Beautiful by: Teresa Mummert Review

5:14 PMAlma Lopez

White Trash Beautiful by : Teresa Mummert



Summary:


First in a stunning new trilogy by New York Times bestselling author Teresa Mummert.



“I’m not naive. I know I don’t get the happily ever after. My knight in shining armor took the highway detour around this god forsaken shit hole. I’ve made peace with that. That doesn’t mean I’m going to lay down like a doormat and let every cocky prick in the trailer park have his way with me.”



Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Georgia, with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. But everything changes when Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner. He tries to show her that there is more to life than the hand she has been dealt, but Cass soon learns that being with Tucker will come at a high price.

Review:

Wow! What a raw, heart-wrenching love story. This is the first book I have read from this author but certainly not the last. Where other stories are filled with sexual tension and suacy adventures, this one is more about the journey of a young woman who struggles to feel worthy of love and her happily ever after. I knew right from the opening poem, Empty Sheets, that I was in store for an emotional (bust out the tissues) ride. 

The book is about Cass, a waitress from a tiny trailer park town in Georgia, who's life was filled with devastation that no one person should ever have to deal with, yet there is a shimmer of hope buried deep down within her. Will that shimmer distinguish to nothing or shine brightly to a future she deserves? With the help of the a new hunky tattooed stranger that rides into town, one would think the answer was obvious. Unfortunately things aren't that black and white in her life and it's clear it won't be an easy ride for Tucker White. She is quite literally shackled down in a trailer with her drug addict boyfriend  and mother. She has a bound and determined hope for them that is simply seeded by the long ago memories of the good times she shared with them both. How long can she hold on to those memories and put up with the abuse before it completely breaks her? She fights tooth and nail to her connection with Tucker but matters of the heart just can't be controlled. The anticipation for that first kiss was thicker than molasses, but when it finally came it was worth the wait.

"I want nothing more than to kiss you, Cass. But I need to know you trust me first. I don't want you to ever think of me the way you think of that asshole you have back home. You deserve better, Cass, really."-Tucker

I wanted to root for her so badly, but her insistent miserable attempts to let Tucker go and forget about him, was exhausting. I understand her hesitation, especially after finding out the little nugget of a secret that Tucker had been hiding from her, but that didn't stop me from throwing the book down in frustration. Undetered by my silent temper tantrum with Cass, I was touched by her strength, despite being forced to watch all others around her crumble.Tucker was not dealt an easy hand either, for every time he felt he was making some head way with Cass, something came in to ruin it. To say that they had to fight for their relationship would be an understatement; it felt more like the Twelve Years War.

"Tucker the sky is the limit for you. My limit is the tattered fence around this trailer park."- Cass

Cass was hiding a mountain of secrets from everyone she knew in order to see Tucker. The lies and secrets eventually were too much and everything exploded. The confrontation she had been avoiding with her boyfriend Jax went worse then she could have ever imagined. Now comes the real test of Tucker and Cass, after she finally leaves the trailer park and her demonic past behind. Will the demons of her past follow her from the trailer park, or can she finally bary them for good?

"It won't always be rainbows and butterflies, but I promise you I will do everything in my power to make you happy, Cass. Just don't ever leave me again."-Tucker

Although I was emotionally frustrated with some parts, I guess that's the point to keeping you coming back to read. I enjoyed the story, because it was different from what I had been reading lately. The flash backs gave more depth and helped to solidly build the characters. I, of course, loved Tucker White, que the swooning and air fanning. I am looking forward to reading book two in the White Trash Trilogy, Damaged, due to release in the Fall 2013.


4 out of 5 tear jerking stars!



About the Author:




I was a Russian spy at the ripe age of thirteen, given my uncanny ability to tell if someone was lying ( I also read fortunes on the weekends). By sixteen I had become too much of a handful for the Lethal Intelligence Ensemble (L.I.E.). I was quickly exiled to the south of France where I worked with wayward elephants in the Circus of Roaming Animals and People (C.R.A.P.). I was able to make ends meet by selling my organs on the black market for pocket change and beer money. At the age of twenty three I decided to expand my horizons and become a blackjack dealer in Ireland. I loved the family atmosphere at Barney's Underground Liquor Lounge (B.U.L.L.). People couldn't resist the allure of Liquor up front and poker in the rear. Eventually I became tired of the rear and headed off to the United States to try my hand at tall tales. That is what brings us here today. If you have a moment I'd like to tell you a story.
(This bio is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance.)

Teresa Mummert is an army wife and mother whose passion in life is writing. She is the author of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling novels White Trash Beautiful and Suicide Note. Born in Pennsylvania, she lived a small town life before following her husband's military career to Louisiana and Georgia. Check out her website for samples and updates! TeresaMummert.com

Website: http://www.TeresaMummert.com











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form