4 Star Reviews Book Reviews

Reckless (Renegades, #1) by: Skye Jordan Review

2:35 AMAlma Lopez




A couture wedding dress designer to the rich and famous, Lexi LaCroix’s image means everything. But crossing paths with a sexier-than-sin, bad-boy biker makes Lexi realize how much living she’s sacrificed for her success and one touch is all it takes to threaten her carefully choreographed life. When that touch fills far more than just Lexi’s physical needs, she finds herself torn between the career she needs and the bad-boy she craves.

Jax Chamberlin gave up the superficial life of acting for the thrill of running his own stunt company years ago. But a recent betrayal proves he’s still too close to the limelight to find a woman who doesn’t plan to use him as a stepping-stone to success. When the charming and mysterious Lexi offers him a totally anonymous hook-up during an out of town trip, Jax accepts. Only Lexi is more sextacular than charming, and Jax wants more.

But Lexi’s got a major hang-up over his renegade lifestyle, and Jax isn’t willing to change his ways. Especially not when he discovers who she really is. Because if she finds out his connections could catapult her to the top of her career, he’s afraid the fantasy woman he’s falling for might just end up like all the other gold-diggers. And this time, it’s not just his bad-boy reputation at risk, but his heart, too.



Review:

Yowza...this book wasn't just hot, it was trekking the scorching Sahara Desert while eating a habenero pepper with no water...CALIENTE! I absolutely devoured this one. It had some of the steamiest sex scenes I have read in awhile. I actually caught myself looking up flushed with a slightly embarrassed look, like I was the one being caught doing these dirty acts. I just finished a quite emotional read so this was exactly what the doctor ordered. Jax and Lexi's chemistry sizzled right off the pages.

"I like deep, driving sex where sweat drips off my chin, rolls down your spine, and tickles the dip between your ass cheeks."-Jax

I loved how their flirtation via cell phone text hacking started. I have to admit, even though the stranger-hook-up-in-a-hotel-with-no-lights-on seems like a scary beginning to a stalker murder movie, it does have a mysterious allure as well. Despite the unconventional way they got together, it doesn't take away from their intense connection what so ever. Lexi designs wedding dresses for high class clients and has just been given a chance of a lifetime opportunity for her dream job. The only problem is she doesn't want to jeopordize her image with hooking up with a bad boy like Jax who is clear to be. Unfortunately, Jax has his own secrets hiding in his closet right next to his sexy biker jacket. That doesn't stop them from giving into their unquestionable urges for one night.

"Stop abusing your lip, or I'm going to take it over, and you'll never be able to breather again." - Jax

Lexi has her own demons from her past that only magnifies her trust in the male species, which makes her question her feelings for Jax. It would seem like all the odds are against them, but can they deny their undeniable explosive pull to each other? Just when Jax seems to be making progress in breaking down Lexi's walls, trouble makes it's ugly appearance and Jax is forced to make a tough unfair decision.

"Jax if you really loved me, you wouldn't leave." He stopped with the front door halfway open. Please don't go. He turned his head, looked up at her. "I'm leaving because I really love you, Lex."

Like I said before, Skye Jordan sure knows how to write a scorching fiery sex scene...not just rolling in the sheets rubbing naughty parts. They lustfully pop into another level of indisputable sexiness! I am so glad I stumbled upon this read because I surely didn't know what I was missing. I look forward to the continuation of the Renegade series. I hope we get a Wes and Rubi story. If it is even a smidgen as steamy as this one was, I will be prepared with proper refreshments to keep cool.

4 out of 5 "hotter than nuclear fusion" Stars!

-While I was reading I couldn't help but think of some oh so hot songs...soundtrack to this book should be Secrets by Maroon 5 and throw in a little Sex Therapy by Robin Thicke ;)








About the Author:

small.skye.profile.pic


I am a USA Today Bestselling Author writing under the pseudonym Skye Jordan for my more … sexually heated … works.
My Skye Jordan novels are all about enjoying that little wild streak we all have, but probably don’t let out often enough. About those fantasies we usually don’t get the opportunity to indulge. About stretching limits, checking out the dark side, playing naughty and maybe even acting a little wicked. They’re about escape and fun and pleasure and romance.
And, yes, even love. Because even as Skye Jordan I’m just a happily ever after kinda gal. (Or, in some cases, happily for the foreseeable future.)
Thanks for reading!

http://skyejordanauthor.com/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form