4 Star Reviews Book Reviews

The Forever of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen Review

5:44 AMAlma Lopez


Ella and Micha have survived tragedy and heartbreak. When they're together, anything seems possible. But now they are thousands of miles apart, and managing their long distance relationship will put their love to the test.

Ella is back at school, trying hard not worry so much about her future. But with her father in and out of rehab, she's having a hard time making it through the days. All she wants is Micha by her side, but she refuses to let her problems get in the way of his dreams.

Micha spends his days touring the country with his band, but deep down he knows something is missing. Being away from Ella is harder than he thought it would be. He wants her closer to him-needs her with him. But he won't ask her to leave college, just to be with him.

The few moments they do spend together are intense and passionate, but it only makes it more difficult when they have to part. They know they want to be together, but is wanting something enough to get them to their forever?


Review:

Well I can't rave more about Jessica Sorensen and her amazingly touching stories. The Forever of Ella and Micha makes it clear that happily ever after is never easy to achieve, especially when life deals you such a crappy hand. Ella and Micha's journey to get there was such an impassioned and moving ride. I had emotional whip lash from the back and forth turmoil Ella went through to figure out her feelings and future with Micha. I have never felt the overwhelming need to do the girlfriend smack-the-heck-out-of-it shake than I did while reading this one. Her feelings were harder to crack than the Davinci Code.

"Is this Micha's and my future? The therapist already wants to check me for depression, which is how my mother started. What if it ends up that I am depressed? What if Micha and I stay together and I start to go downhill? What if I ruin his life?"-Ella

The Secrets of Ella and Micha was the first book in this series, and it left off with Ella finally giving into her love for Micha. Only, she has to go back to college and is left to deal with the intervention for her alcoholic father; meanwhile, Micha joins a band that is touring around the country . As if they didn't have enough problems to deal with in their individual lives, they have the added stress of distance and an overly friendly band mate. Micha also runs into his father again and gets the shock of a lifetime when his father asks him for his help.Ella's greatest fear was that she was going to end up just like her mother and she was going to destroy Micha. She decided that what was best for Micha was to let him go, even if it broke her heart. Micha was incredibly patient with her, despite all the half-hearted attempts to push him away, he knew her too well.

"I'm sorry pretty girl, but you really don't get to choose what I want, what I do, or who I get to be with. So unless you want me to leave you because you don't love me anymore, I'm not going anywhere."-Micha


 Now that I think about it, the first novel seems mild compared to this one. The sexual tension between them was palpable, which added an impatient frustration that even I felt. It was clear to everyone who was around them that they were obviously meant to be, except Ella of course. She struggled to let go of the past that had a vice grip hold on her. She couldn't relieve herself of the guilt from her mother's death and her misguided belief that she was sentenced to the same fate of recognizable mental problems. This inner war made it beautifully inspiring to see Ella flourish into a strong young woman that finally feels worthy of love and a happy future she thought she could never really have.

"Ella, when are you going to realize that you two belong together? Everyone who lays eyes on you can see it and is envious of it because that kind of love isn't supposed to exist." 
I wipe some water from my face."What kind of love are you talking about?"
"The kind that owns you."-Lila

Jessica Sorensen is a remarkable author who writes soul deep stories that are unforgettable. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the light reads that bring a smile to my face. Her stories, however, are not your typical  beautiful sunshine and unicorns.The Secret series and the Coincednce series are stories of young adults who believe themselves to be too fucked up in the head, due to their pasts, and are incapable of being in happy relationships. Having such hardships just makes you root for them even more and makes the happy endings that much more heartwarming. 

"But, Ella, we can wait around, wasting years, hoping we'll reach perfection in our lives. But it doesn't exist. We'll always have problems, but as long as we work through them together, I think we'll be okay."- Micha

I really enjoy books that give both the female and male point of views. It really makes the story much more well rounded to see it from both perspectives. There were fantastic innuendos between Lila and Ethan that give you a great preview for the next novel in the series The Temptation of Lila and Ethan. The sneak peek at the end of the book really left me wanting more. Despite my growing need-to-throw-something frustration with Ella, Micha's unfaltering commitment to her really made the book for me. If you haven't read the Coincidence of Callie and Kayden series I recommend that read as well as this one.

4 out of 5 frustratingly heartwarming Stars!





P.S. Oh, I believe the Jessica Sorensen posted a play list for this book on her Facebook. I sometimes think of songs that represent the story...I thought immediately of two songs for this book. "Sad" by Maroon 5 and "The Girl" by City and Colour.





About the Author:


 
The New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Jessica Sorensen, lives in the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.
 

 Check out all her incredible other series on Goodreads!

http://jessicasorensensblog.blogspot....
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jessica...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form