5 Star Reviews Book Reviews

Torn (Connections #2 Series) by: Kim Karr

5:19 AMAlma Lopez


Rock star River Wilde brought Dahlia London back from the brink of hopelessness with his unwavering love and devotion. But their entangled history is about to test the strength of their relationship…

Dahlia was certain she had found true love and met her "Once in a Lifetime’ when she reconnected with River. But Dahlia’s world comes crashing down when someone from her past resurfaces, and all of River’s carefully hidden secrets are exposed.

pass—it’s about dancing in the rain. But how many times can one broken heart be mended?  Will River and Dahlia be able to stay together or will they be torn apart?


Review:


My oh my...There are no words I can properly use to describe River Wilde's swoon-worthy sultriness. Mrs. Karr delivered one provoking, scorching, seductive tale filled with intense struggles and deep soul searching. River is definitely one of my all time favorite male characters. He can make a nun's loins instantly combust. Is it weird that I was actually first-date-butterflies-in-the-stomach nervous while reading this book? Connections touched me like no other novel has in awhile and that just multiplied my anticipation for Torn.


The cliffhanger at the end of Connections was beyond frustrating but it most certainly left me desperately wanting for more. To be honest the reason I was such a nervous wreck while reading, was because I was filled with dread over Ben's return and what it was going to do to River and Dahlia's relationship. I knew deep down that their connection was unbreakable and unlike any other relationship, but friction that would test that connection was inevitable. 


"One minute I'm running off to Las Vegas to marry the man of my dreams...the next minute the man I spent most of my life with, the man whom I thought was dead-is back." -Dahlia 

The story starts off with Dahlia waking up in the hospital after she was attacked while running. Then when they are back home and planning on running off to Vegas to elope, they get that horrifying life altering call from Ben's mother. The reunion between Ben and Dahlia was wildly intense. Ben assumed that he could pretty much pick up where he left off and continue his life with Dahlia. However, that didn't happen. She was cold and unforgiving, fueled by betrayal.

"What do you think would happen? You died three years ago and it took me so long to move on. Getting past the grief, the sorrow, wasn't easy, but I was finally able to move forward. So yes, I'm in love with someone else. You can't come back here thinking...,"I motioned between us, "...that we're going to pick up where we left off. You can't possibly believe that! Why did you even come back?" -Dahlia

Ben's return not only brought tough questions, but also revealed hidden secrets that were kept from Dahlia. We finally uncover the answers to that awful night of Bell's accident and everything that lead up to it, as well as the surprising results after. Dahlia and River struggle to communicate properly and are driven by their questioning trust in each other and  jealousy. On top of all the relationship problems that Ben's comeback has produced, River also deals with the stress of the upcoming tour with his band. Will all of these hardships bring thier connection crumbling down around them?...Or is their love strong enough to get through it all?

"Relationships are made up of so many different emotions, but the one thing that keeps a relationship strong. Can doubt weaken such a strong bond? Not if two people don't let it-right?"-Dahlia

I honestly loved how Kim mentioned the D-Bags and Kellan Kyle form The Effortless Trilogy in Connections and again in Torn. This time around another familiar steamy rock god dropped by as well. I won't say who...don't want to give away all the juicy details. I also enjoyed the last two chapters in River's point of view. You really get to see how connected they genuinely are. They both appreciate the same qualities in one another from the intensity in each others eyes, to the sway of  their walk and movement. I always wondered, perhaps a little skeptically, about the reality of fate. What distinguishes fate from mere coincidence? That being said, if there truly were a couple that was meant to be, it would be River and Dahlia (soul mates if you will).

"A long time ago, I wished for you and now I have you. See...wishes really do come true even if you tell someone your wish."-Rive

Kim Karr successfully created a solid unbreakable bond that was not merely physical but soul touching. These magnificent characters are memorable and inspiring at the same time. I am a little heavyhearted that this is the last book with River and Dahlia, but I do look forward to reading about Xander's story. I thoroughly enjoyed this one, despite the occasional eye-roll when reading Ben's journal entries. I guess you could say he wasn't my favorite. I highly recommend to read both Connections and Torn! The next book in the series is Xander's story entitled Mended (Connections #3). 

5 out of 5 destined to be stars!






About the Author:






I live in Florida with my husband and four kids. I've always had a love for reading books and writing. Being an English major in college, I wanted to teach at the college level but that was not to be. I went on to receive an

MBA and became a project manager until quitting to raise my family. I currently work part-time with my husband and full-time embracing one of my biggest passions—writing.

I wear a lot of hats! Writer, book-lover, wife, soccer-mom, taxi driver, and the all around go-to person of the family. However, I always find time to read. One of my favorite family outings use to be taking my kids to the bookstore or the library. Today, my oldest child is in college and my twins are juniors so they no longer go with me on these outings. And although I don't need to go to the actual store anymore because I have the greatest device ever invented—a Kindle, I still do. There's nothing like a paperback. So now my four year old and I make dates out of going to the bookstore--it's time I love and cherish.

I like to believe in soulmates, kindred spirits, true friends, and Happily-Ever-Afters. I love to drink champagne, listen to music, and hopes to always stay young at heart.

Connected was my debut novel and is currently available on AmazonBarnes & Noble , iTunes and Kobo.

Torn is the sequel to Connected and was just released on October 1st, 2013. It is available for purchase on AmazonBarnes & NobleiTunes, and Kobo.

To see the remaining books in the series, check out my Goodreads page.

I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

~ Kim

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads  |  Pinterest 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form