4 Star Reviews Book Reviews

Wild Child by M. Leighton Review!

3:30 AMAlma Lopez






Jenna Theopolis has always known what she wanted. Getting out of her small hometown of Greenfield was number one on her list of priorities. Until she met Rusty Catron.
Rusty’s fun-loving personality was the perfect match for Jenna’s inner wild child. But what started off as a summer fling quickly turns into something more. At least it does for Jenna.

Rusty has lived with the ghost of his father’s abandonment since he was a child, but now he’s beginning to feel the crippling effects of his scars. He wants to trust in Jenna, but deep down he doesn’t believe someone so wild and free can ever be tamed.

But tragedy strikes, pushing Jenna out of Greenfield and leaving Rusty with a choice to make—face his inner demons or lose the love of his life. Forever.




Review:

Holy heated sexual tension Batman! Someone definitely turned the heat up in here because there is a southern bad boy who is trying to tame a beautiful wild child and it was a sizzling experience. Michelle Leighton continues to amaze and dazzle with this addition to The Wild Ones series.She always knows how to write a solid connection between two seemingly unlikely-to-be couples. 

"His loose gait is like that of a lion, stalking his prey. And I'd love to be Rusty's prey. For him to stalk me until he catches me, to grab me with his hands and hold me down so he can devour me."-Jenna



This story is about Rusty and Jenna, the best friends of Trick and Cami, who we met in The Wild Ones. It is a novella so it is short, but what it lacks in length, it makes up for by intense sexual chemistry that could melt the snow caps. The two couples take a pact of celibacy for Trick and Cami's upcoming nuptials, which just adds a hilarious added bonus to the story. I was laughing my butt off at the boys' blue-balled frustrations while the girls plot to tempt them with no mercy in sight.

Jenna knows that her relationship with Rusty has grown from just a summer fling to something much more meaningful. She loves him and is hopeful he will come around and return her feelings.  Rusty knows she isn't the type to stick around their small town that doesn't fit in with her big dreams for her future. Rusty lacks some much needed optimism when it comes to Jenna, and it's all due to the abandonment of his father when he was a kid. He feels that if he let anyone in, they will just inevitably leave him as well, despite any love or warm and fuzzy feelings. Jenna becomes unsettled with waiting around for hope that Rusty will want more. It eventually makes her believe he doesn't want her and was mistaken about the depth of their connection. His abandonment issues together with her feelings of rejection, put them in a frustrating stalemate.

"The things I love so much about Jenna are likely some of the very things that will take her away from me. I guess you really can't have your cake and eat it to."-Rusty 

Unfortunately, what finally leads them to finally snap out of their disheartening stubbornness, are some very tragic events. I crossed my fingers that they could defeat the overbearing egos they both held on to and let each other in. I knew I would be a swoony mess once Rusty let his sensitive loving side out and I wasn't disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed these two strong headed individuals that truly complement one another and make each other whole

"I don't know how to tell you that I'd follow you to the ends of the earth, just to hear you say you love me one more time. Help me, Jenna. Help me say the right things. Help me do the right things. Help me to be the kind of man you could spend the rest of your life loving. Because that's who I want to be."-Rusty

*sigh* Sorry I just re-read Rusty's declaration of love and couldn't hold back my inner sigh. I loved this special little piece of literature. I can't wait for the rest of this series to come out so I can sink my teeth in and devour them.  I without a doubt recommend this book and Trick and Cami's story in The Wild Ones! Oh and we got a delightful sneak peak to Ms. Leighton's new series All the Pretty Lies which is due out November 12, 2013. Keep a dutiful eye out for it because believe me you will want to read that one as well.

4 out of 5 smokin' southern heat Stars!

   







About the Author:





I was born and raised in the United States, and I’ve lived in several of the fabulous fifty. Though I currently live in the deep South, I spent much of my childhood up North and hope to return there one day. A few other things about me: I believe that sometimes you have to look really, REALLY hard to find the good in people, but it's there. I believe that I'm shrinking (I swear five years ago I was two inches taller). I believe my husband is quite possibly one of the most amazing men in the entire world (I can't be sure because I haven't met all of them). I believe coffee and chocolate, when combined, could be the basis for world peace. I believe that Jesus rocks and communism doesn’t. I believe that white makes me look fat and black collects lint. I believe summer's too hot, winter's too cold and fall was made for football. I like dogs better than cats and the first movie in a trilogy is invariably the best. But most of all, I believe that love conquers all.


Follow M. Leighton at:

Blog: http://leightonbooks.blogspot.com
Facebook:  M. Leighton, Author
Twitter: mleightonbooks
Goodreads: M. Leighton, Author
email: m.leghton.books@gmail.com

Purchase Links:
amazon-
http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Child-Ones-1-5-ebook/dp/B00G2BL50K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382606149&sr=8-2&keywords=wild+child+m+leighton  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form