4 Star Reviews Blog Tours Book Reviews

Broken Blog Tour (Kelly Elliott)

6:47 AMAlma Lopez





Synopsis:

Layton Morris and his brother Mike grew up not knowing what it would be like to live in a normal home. With no running water or electricity in their home, no parents around to protect them, they quickly learned how to survive and depend only on each other.

When a tragic accident takes Mike away from Layton, and the only other person that he ever let into his heart walked away from him, leaving his heart shattered, Layton focuses all of his time and energy into the ranch he and his brother dreamed of. He makes a vow to himself to never let love in again. The last thing Layton needed or wanted was more heartache.

Whitley Reynolds grew up in a privileged home in upstate New York. When she landed the star football player in high school no one was surprised, not even Whitley. She dreamed of a life with Roger living in New York City and happily followed him there.

The first time Roger hit her for arguing with him about a dinner party, she forgave him. The more it happened, the further Whitley withdrew from her friends and family. One fateful day things go to far. Whitley makes a promise to herself and finds the courage to do the one thing she thought she’d never be able to do.

Fleeing with her best friend Courtney, Whitley was determined to put her past behind her and start a new life in the small town of Llano, Texas, where no one would ever find out about her past.

Will they both ever learn to trust and love again, or will their pasts come back to haunt them, keeping them both alone and...



Review:

Cowboy up indeed! Please quickly buy me a one way ticket to Llano, Texas because apparently they are breeding scorching hot male specimens in wranglers over there. This book reminded me of a cross between a country version of Beautiful Bastard and Trouble by Samantha Towle. It had the tortured abusive background of Trouble and the hate/lust cheeky relationship of Beautiful Bastard. So, if you enjoyed either of those books (I love them both) then you might just like this country sultry read. Layton might be broken, but he's so deliciously swoony at the same time.

"The way she mashed her lips together and frowned at me had me adjusting myself. I'd never been so attracted to a girl I couldn't stand to be around."- Layton

Whitley thought she had a brightly lit future ahead of her when she decided to move to New York with her boyfriend after high school. She had it all planned out...she would go to New York and learn all about the party planning business and have her loving boyfriend by her side. Man, did that plan soon take a plunge into a dark pit of despair and abuse. One ill-fated night after a party, Roger went further than he ever went before and it broke Whitley down. The one positive thing that came from that dreadful night was the fire it lit in her to finally get out of that destructive relationship. She ran straight to none other than...Llano, Texas where she stumbles upon a handsome cowboy who is both a gentlemen and an asshole to her (hmmm...interesting contradiction). Unfortunately she has sworn of men and refuses to let another man attempt to break her.


"He holds so much power in my world. It's unreal. It's like every little thing that happens triggers something. He's always in the back of my head. I find myself looking over my shoulder, Courtney, waiting....waiting for him to find me and get pissed-off and teach me another one of his damn lessons. What if he's just like that ,too?"-Whitley

Layton has had a very tough past, and that's putting it mildly. He is just as broken as Whitley by his past, if not more so. He trusts no one and refuses to give his heart away to another betraying harlot. He is both enthralled and repelled by Whitley. He doesn't know what to do about his opposing emotions. They have a tumultuous beginning to their relationship that is fueled by their betrayed broken hearts but filled with an irrefutable attraction. When they finally can't bear the tension any longer and submit to their emotions....an explosion of swoony passion is what ignites!

"You want me to, what, Whitley? Love you? Because I've loved you since the moment I saw you standing next to your car, since the moment your beautiful green eyes looked into mine. The moment I heard your sweet voice talk to me, I knew deep down inside that I would love you forever."- Layton

*sigh* Oh Layton...what a beautiful broken cowboy can do to a girl. Of course the journey to happily ever after can't be easy for them, especially with their past still lurking in the shadows. You will have to read the book to find out what happens, because I would hate to spoil the story line too much. I loved the relationship that each of the main characters had with their best friends.  The B.O.B. challenge between Whitley and Courtney had me cracking at the seems. The character development was done superbly. Two broken hearts that healed each other to form an unbreakable love.

"When you first met me, Whitley, I was so damaged. I had a broken heart that was still bleeding. When I look into your eyes...I feel...like my heart is healing."-Layton

This was the first book I have read from this author, and I have to say I will have to explore her other work. The storyline kept me on the edge of my seat, the tension was undeniably delicious, and the characters were mesmerizing. I really enjoyed the depth that the author went into with the secondary characters. Since the next book in the series is about Courtney and Reed (the best friends), she did a really good job in setting up the development of their relationship. I can't wait to read about the stubborn, yet passion-filled relationship of Courtney and Reed. I recommend this book to my fellow readers. I haven't read a good sexy country romance since M. Leighton's, The Wild Ones.

4 out of 5 Passionate, Giddy-up Cowboy, Sultry Stars!



Purchase Links:

http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Kelly-Elliott-ebook/dp/B00GR8QCEM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1385973835&sr=1-1&keywords=broken

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/broken/id756892264?mt=11

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/broken-kelly-elliott/1117446192?ean=2940148855408


Author Low Down:

Kelly Elliott is married to a wonderful Texas cowboy who has a knack for making her laugh almost daily and supports her crazy ideas and dreams for some unknown reason...he claims it's because he loves her! She’s also a mom to an amazing daughter who is constantly asking for something to eat while her fingers move like mad on her cell phone sending out what is sure to be another very important text message. In her spare time she loves to sit in her small corner overlooking the Texas hill country and write. One of her favorite things to do is go for hikes around her property with Gus....her chocolate lab and the other man in her life, and Rose, her golden retriever. When Kelly is not outside helping the hubby haul brush, move rocks or whatever fun chore he has in store for her that day, you’ll find her inside reading, writing or watching HGTV.


Stalk Links:

Website: http://authorkellyelliott.blogspot.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kelly.k.elliott?ref=ts&fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/author_kelly

Email: authorkellyelliot@gmail.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form