5 Star Reviews Book Reviews

Spotlight and Review: Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff

9:56 AMAlma Lopez



Synopsis:

Amazon Erotica Best Seller..
Warning! This is not your everyday fall in love romance. This book contains disturbing situations, strong language, graphic, sexual content, some forced, some not. If it's your happily ever after love story that you are looking for, you should probably move on. If you are up for the ride, stick around and it may just turn into a love story after all.

Morgan starts her life in a bad situation, she doesn't really know what she wants out of life. She's never had anyone to look up to, or help guide her in the right direction. She had it rough, and never dreamed that it could get worse, however she finds that it can, and does.

She learns what real hell is when she meets the husband that she doesn't want to marry, but isn't given a choice. Can she escape? She can, and does only to wake up and find herself right back at square one.

Goodreads Link:  Underestimated

Review:

Holy emotionally raw tale Batman! I felt like my emotions were being flung madly around like the uncontrollable pinball bouncing around in a pinball machine. My emotions didn't know where to settle, but I loved every second of the it. One minute I was frustratingly livid, the next minute I was flustered and in desperate need to change my knickers. When Jettie warned me that this was not a typical romance novel, she wasn't joking, but I was positively on board. How in the world can an author make me venomously hate a character to the point that I am plotting his castration....then somehow makes me hopeful of a HEA for him and Morgan? I seriously don't know how she did it, there must have been some sort of witchcraft involved, because I seriously loathed Drew! This book was so emotionally raw, but at the same time, amazingly gripping. I couldn't put the damn book down, even when I was filled with an unbearable amount of rage and frustration. Let's just say, my kindle had some close calls during this read. 

"What the hell was I supposed to do? I knew that laying spread eagle on my bed for him wasn't what he wanted, but what did he want?  I didn't know how to be in a relationship, not a real one anyway. I didn't know how to make love. I knew how to do what I was told and please my man. Dawson wasn't interested in me pleasing him. He wanted to please me." -Riley (Morgan)

The story starts off with Riley Murphy (Morgan Kelley) running away to Misty Bay, a small town in Maine, trying to start a new life. She was hiding from her husband who used and abused her. You get to experience all the effed up drama of her screwed up marriage piece by piece throughout the first part of the book. She of course, lies to everyone she meets in order to stay hidden. She meets a handsome sheriff name Dawson, who is relentless and sickeningly swoony. Despite her desperate attempts to keep him at arms length, she falls for Dawson who treats her with the respect she deserves. Riley finally feels like she has found her place in life, but is still plagued with the horrible nightmares of her torturous husband.  Drew not only abused her physically and mentally, but found pleasure in humiliating her sexually as well. Riley begins to question her sanity, because even though she knows the gruesome abuse Drew inflicted on her should repel any normal person, she can't help but find herself turned on by some of the memories. Dawson loves her in spite of all those things, and wants nothing more than to be her protector. 

"I am not going to do those things to you, Riley. You're not that person, and I'm never going to treat you like you are. You don't deserve that and I refuse to be that person for you." -Dawson

Everything seems to be going ever-so-smoothly towards a HEA for Riley and Dawson, until she gets into a horrible accident while in Las Vegas. This is where the insanely angst emotions begin to build. She wakes up in the hospital not knowing who she is. Drew is there to capture his sex slave again, of course, but she doesn't remember him or anything that has happened to her. Drew plays the role of caretaker to her while she recovers. He fully expects her to remember everything and go back to their normal routine again. Little does he know, that this Morgan that woke up in the hospital is different and has plans of her own. She begins to piece things together from overheard conversations, obvious spouts of aggression from Drew, and flashes of memories coming back to her. She becomes determined to make things better and figure out why her marriage to Drew feels off. During this time things become much more intimate than any part of their relationship has ever been. They both begin to actually fall in love with each other. Drew becomes a different man, changed by this new Morgan who is strong and independent. Their relationship begins to flourish with positive optimism gripping them both. Well that is until another curveball is thrown out there. Every single memory comes rushing back to her as soon as Dawson finds her months later. That is a substantial amount of emotion for one person to deal with all at once. She is filled with complete rampant rage and her target to release some of that anger is no other than Drew! She finally gets her answers to the mysterious questions surrounding her impromptu forced marriage, but she is still filled with confusion fueled by her newfound feelings for her husband.

"Why did this have to be so difficult? I should hate him. I should throw him out on the streets. That's what anyone else would have done. Why couldn't I?"- Morgan

This part of her journey was emotional torture. I actually had to calm myself down from all the ups and downs. Morgan trying to figure out who she wanted to be with was hard in itself, but more obstacles mount that make it ten times more difficult. Does she stay with the obvious safe choice in Dawson, who has shown her nothing but love and respect? Or does she find a way to actually forgive Drew for the six year nightmare, and give into the overpowering reaction her whole body has to him? Questioning stability verses unknown unpredictability...love verses lust? To say that I was at the edge of my emotional seat was a complete understatement. 

"If somebody had told me a year ago, that I was going to love this man as much as I did,  I would have deemed them crazy, and possibly shot them in the head." -Morgan

I have never felt such a kaleidoscope of feelings stirred up in me while reading. This book was fiery, passionate, hardcore, intense, irrational, tortured, disturbing, heart pumping, and soooo much more! I went in somewhat expecting a rough ride, so I held on tight and dove head first into the thrilling implosive ride. Jettie Woodruff, you are off the charts amazing. You know you have read an incredible book when feelings you have never experienced while reading are evoked in you. I will definitely have to read some of these other books by Ms. Woodruff. Go read this book ASAP! (Warning again, if you haven't got the gist yet, there are some intense scenes that may rock some feeble minds.) I recommend this book to my fellow readers out there who don't mind a lack of unicorns and flowers in the dewy meadow type of romance!


5 out of 5 Emotionally Raw, Effed up, Hardcore Stars!




Purchase Links: 

Amazon: Underestimated

Amazon Paperback: Underestimated

Amazon UK: Underestimated



Author Low Down:


The main thing people need to know about Jettie before reading her books is, she doesn't really write fluffy romance. She writes hardcore, effed up angst. If you're not into that, you should probably move on.
Jettie is one of Amazons bestselling erotica authors and thrives on pulling emotion from her readers.
Amazon's best selling erotica.....

Stalk Links:
Website: http://www.jettiewoodruff.com/#!about-me/c1q9n
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JettieWoodruff
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JaywoodJettie
Goodreads:https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6879912.Jettie_Woodruff

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form