4.5 Star Reviews Blog Tours

Blog Tour Review: Fearing Regret by Barbara Speak

6:28 AMAlma Lopez



Blog Tour: Fearing Regret
Author: Barbara Speak
Series: Flawlessly Broken
Release Date: July 1st

SYNOPSIS:
It seems Kate Williams has it all; money, great job, a supportive family, and an amazing group of friends. What she lacks is the confidence and ability to make a good decision regarding the men in her life. After the worse break up yet, she runs into the arms of Ryan, her long time best friend and the one that seems to always mend all of her broken hearts. But after years of being "That" guy, he is ready to confess to her what he has felt all along.

A night out with her friends brings a complete stranger into the mix. One encounter on the dance floor is all it took for him to flood her every thought. But Is he really a stranger after all or is he closer to her than she thinks? 

Should Kate take the chance and chose her best friend, knowing he will cherish her forever? Or should she take a leap and go with the man that had her heart before she even knew his name? 
Someone’s heart will be broken, someone will lose everything they hold dear, and someone will tell the ultimate lie and destroy everything.

Will fearing regret keep Kate away from what she really wants most?

Review: 
Wowza...this book filled me with quite an array of emotions. After reading Finding Solace, I knew that Barbara Speak knew how to keep you on your toes and to expect the unexpected. She didn't disappoint in this one either because I am still feeling the after effects of my blubbering yet heart warming book hangover. That being said, I wasn't sure where this one was going to go. In the beginning I thought that the love triangle formula was heading in a similar direction as Finding Solace, but I was proven wrong with my premature mental accusations...tsk tsk on me. I have officially purchased my first class ticket on the Flawlessly Broken Series (TOOT...TOOT)! This was Kate's story who we briefly encountered in the first book. She is Ash's sister and has dealt with her fair share of disappointing love attempts. After her latest turbulent man troubles, she begins to question her judgement in the male species, but could her knight in shinning armor have been right in front of her this whole time? One of her best friends is there to catch her as he aways did after love dealt her yet another losing hand. This time things felt different, and the lines of friendship begin to blur. Kate finally takes off the rose colored glasses that kept Ryan is that soft glow of friendship and began to see a hot fiery attraction in him that she fought hard to tame. I can taste the forbidden lust in the air already.

"Involuntarily, my legs began to move back and forth trying to create some kind of friction to relieve the scorching pain building between them.

'This was Ryan, one of my best friends' and 'Don't do this you will ruin everything' kept repeating like a spinning wheel in my head. Meanwhile my body rejected the idea to avoid him completely.

I closed my eyes again and pretended to be asleep, but my pelvis would not obey."

While Kate tries to figure out the puzzle of her mixed emotions for her best friend Ryan, in steps a sexy mansicle that has her hormones running on overdrive.  This new scorching hot man provoked emotions in her that she had never felt for anyone before, which just complicated things even more. This mysterious sexy beast was none other than, Tony, who we met in Finding Solace as well. Let me tell you, I didn't remember Tony being so incredibly delicious. I fell hard in love and lust with Tony in this book. Knowing his struggles already, just made his story that much deeper. I was on the edge just waiting for him to tell her his story and everything he had been through. His bossiness and possessiveness was so effin panty melting...then add his amazing sweet, romantic tender side and I was a gooey mess on the floor. 

"Not one woman has ever smelled or felt as good as you do right now. So I wouldn't go worrying about other girls."

"Oh I'm not worried about anything. I have nothing to prove. You on the other hand have so much..."

"You should be worried, Kate. I haven't been this attracted to a woman in a very long time. If you think tonight is a one time deal you're very wrong."

Swoon, swoon, swoon! Well there is no competition here for me in the least...Tony is the victor hands down! There really wasn't a choice for Kate though. She knew from the very beginning that it was Tony she craved and wanted. Ryan would always just be her friend, but he wanted more from her. How could she keep him as a friend when he wanted something she couldn't give him? Problems balancing her friendship and new relationship with Tony weren't the only storms in the horizon though. Kate and Tony decided to keep their relationship a secret from their family and most of their friends in order to keep unwanted opinions and possible conflicts away. That ended up biting them in the ass, when their relationship raced to love and instead of screaming it from the rooftops for everyone to hear, they were forced to only whispers behind closed doors. The secrets become lies, and things that they both let linger in the shadows come to the forefront to test their love. Will they be able to come back to the light and conquer everything that is thrown their way? Is there love strong enough to bear what life has thrown on their shoulders? 

"Is it wrong to say that I'm falling for you so hard and fast but I'm no longer scared? I'm not a twenty year old guy that wants to play games and drag things out to compete with my friends. I'm old enough to know when you find something as right as what we are starting, you hold onto it with your life."

I was thoroughly put through the ringer with this one. I was filled with hot sizzling passion, frustration from their stubbornness, was ripped to shreds with unfair tragedy, and was left a teary blubbering mess of sadness. All that was left was a lingering sense of hope that the tragedy wouldn't end in nothing but regret...that there was a rainbow hidden somewhere after the storm finally passed. The preconceived notions I had about this next book in the series failed to live up to the awesomeness that it delivered. Job well done indeed Barb! I tip my imaginary top hat off to you for delivering such a deeply emotional story and fantastic characters to fall in love with. I can't wait to read the next book. I hope it's Mike's story, because he is one hilarious enthralling character. I would most definitely recommend this book and the series to my fellow book junkies out there.

4.5 out of 5 Holy Hotness, Conquering Regret, Deeply Emotional Stars!

TEASERS:
Fearing Regret




OTHER BOOKS IN THE FLAWLESSLY BROKEN SERIES:

BUY LINKS:

Finding Solace and Affliction together $.99 Sale 6/1-6/5

Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
Sony

Finding Solace- Book 1 
Goodreads

Affliction - Book 1.5 


AUTHOR BIO:


I have a mad passion for books. It could be considered an addiction by some. 
After the responsibilities of work, being a mother and a wife are  fulfilled each day, I escape in a book.
 I never really thought of myself as a writer before. My true passion was as a reader.
 One day an idea came to me and I could not stop after that first thought.
I hope you all will enjoy what I can bring you. I have plenty more ideas to go from here.

AUTHOR LINKS:




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form