3.5 Star Reviews Book Reviews

Review: Faithful by Louise Bay

5:48 AMAlma Lopez

Title: Faithful
Author: Louise Bay
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Synopsis:

Leah Thompson’s life in London is everything she's supposed to want: a successful career, the best girlfriends a bottle of sauvignon blanc can buy, and a wealthy boyfriend who has just proposed. But something doesn't feel right. Is it simply a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’?

Uncertain about her future, Leah looks to her past, where she finds her high school crush, Daniel Armitage, online. Daniel is one of London's most eligible bachelors. He knows what and who he wants, and he wants Leah. Leah resists Daniel’s advances as she concentrates on being the perfect fiancĂ©. 

She soon finds that she should have trusted her instincts when she realises she's been betrayed by the men and women in her life.

Leah's heart has been crushed. Will ever be able to trust again? And will Daniel be there when she is?

Not recommended for younger readers due to sexual content and language.

Goodreads: Faithful


Purchase Links:

Amazon:Faithful

Amazon UK: Faithful


Review:

Wowza...this book was jam packed with a hot, steamy, unadulterated sexual feast. I was frantically fanning myself throughout the majority of this book. Is it hot in here or is it just me? Daniel was a magnificent sex on a stick and I was completely hooked from the beginning. The connection they shared was pretty instant, but completely intense and explosive.

"I want to feel the effects of my cock inside you every time you sit down tomorrow. I want you to smell of me so they won't go near you. I want you to look like you've been fucked all weekend long." -Daniel

Leah seemed to have all her ducks in a row at the beginning of the book. She had just got engaged to the man she had been with for the past 6 years and had a successful career as a lawyer. Everything seemed sparkly perfect from the outside, but everything wasn't as tidy on the inside. Leah was having huge doubts and apprehension about her relationship with Charlie. They had grown distant and she couldn't help but feel defeated.  One day, while she scrolled through her social network, she reconnects with her old crush from high school. They begin with friendly banter, but soon their emails flirt with the line of being quite inappropriate. Leah struggles to banish those seemingly unwanted feelings for Daniel that begin to run rampant through her. Her fight soon becomes a needless losing battle, because her world gets turned upside down when she finds out her fiancĂ© has committed the ultimate betrayal. Well this leaves the door wide open for Daniel to swoop in and retrieve his prize he has been desperate to win.

"What I want to say, and am not aging very well, is that what I feel for you is so different from anything else I've ever felt in my life-- I want to posses you, know every inch of you, body and soul. I need to have you permanently naked in my bed. This feeling makes me lose all control. But more than that, I have to have you safe, and I have to have you happy with someone you love and you deserve..." -Daniel

Que long sigh and unavoidable swoon! Daniel makes it his mission to make Leah his, completely. He doesn't want to be the rebound guy used for revenge or to get over her ex. At the same time, he is undeniably desperate to have her. Their relationship moves at warp speed and neither of them really have a moment to look back. While, this may have helped her push past her heart break, it also bypassed the part where she grieved her past relationship. All her feelings were just packed in yet another neat box in the back of her head, which only made her question every detail of their relationship as it occurs and fuels her paranoia. Daniel has to be in New York for 2 months because of huge problems occurring within his company. This becomes the green light to force Leah to finally deal with her feelings, but can she do it while being with Daniel at the same time? Can they survive the pressure from the separation. Will Leah finally get the closure she needs and finally have a clear head to purse her relationship with Daniel wholeheartedly? Well I guess there's only one way to find out.

"Please, Daniel. I need this. We need this. I don't want to be a paranoid head case waiting for us to fail, making us fail. I don't want to doubt you, doubt myself. It's exhausting."

"Whatever you want, Leah. Always." Daniel Slumped back on the sofa, his head tipped back, defeated.

I enjoyed the story and how it progressed. Many people don't dig the insta-forver-love, but I have kind of grown accustomed to it and don't mind it if it is done with the right amount of intensity. And Daniel's possessiveness and unfaltering determination just made it deliciously intense. There is a whole lot of sizzling sex going on in this book. It's like every other page, they are doing it like bunnies in heat. Don't get me wrong, I love me some scorching heated love scenes, but since Leah kept repeating the mantra 'I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop', well I was on the edge of my love seat waiting for that damn dubious shoe to fall. I know she took the time to fix herself in order to avoid that paranoid feeling, but I was still left craving for something to happen. I'm still kind of waiting...I think I may be a bit of a whore for drama lately. Every phone call or every knock on the door had me expecting something big to happen to shake their foundation. I was really expecting more to occur from Charlie and his mistress, but nothing really came from that either. There was some last minute mysterious action thrown in there that successfully drew me back in though.  That being said, I will be on the look out for the next book to find out what happens for sure. I would definitely recommend this book to my fellow readers who like a sexy possessive male, with lots of sexy passion thrown in there. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for Louise's next book entitled, Hopeful. It's sure to be another steamy one, no doubt.

3.5 out of 5 Swooning for Daniel, Passion-Filled Stars!


Author Low Dow:

Ruined by romantic mini-series of the seventies and eighties, I love all things romantic. There's not enough of it in real life so I'll settle for books and films.

I love the rain, the West Wing, London, days when you don't have to wear make-up, being alone, being with friends, elephants and champagne.

Stalk Links:







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form