5 Star Reviews Blog Tours Book Reviews

*New Review* Blog Tour: Shhh...Gianna's Side by M. Robinson

12:16 AMAlma Lopez

Title: Shhh...Gianna's Side
Author: M. Robinson
Release Date: Sept. 1st, 2014



Have you ever lied? Held secrets? Betrayed someone?
I have.
McKenzie and I were best friends, soul sisters. We shared everything…or so she thought. To everyone I was perfect and happy. No one knew the real me. That was until I saw him. Everything changed the second we laid eyes on each other. The world stopped moving and only we existed in it. But it just added to the secrets and lies, it became too much and I couldn’t tell apart what was real and what wasn’t.
This story is for anyone who has ever lied and lived to regret it…


SEE THE TRAILER FOR GIANNA'S SIDE HERE!



(click to make larger)

Review:

Hot damn! What an amazing ride that was. I truly didn't know what to expect from this book, and I'm glad that I left all those expectations at the door. Always expect the unexpected when it comes to M. Robinson and her maddening temptress ways. I read Shhh...Mack's side first, so I knew the main gist of what would eventually happen, but all that led up to that point was thrilling to read from Gianna's side. You really do need to read both books to truly understand the intensity and devastation of what these two girls went through. It was so enlightening to read how extremely different Mack and Gia were, but how similar some of their internal struggles were.

"They needed flawlessness and excellence, and on the outside, I portrayed it to a T. But on the inside, I was dying. Damaged goods. At least when you buy something broken you can return it, but what to you do when that's not an option?" -Gianna

It's crazy how close these two girls were to each other and how much they loved one another, but at the same time neither one of them showed their real selves. Gianna hid behind the illusion of perfect that she felt she had to live up to in order to not disappoint her parents. While Mack felt the void of love from her father, Gianna struggled with similar feelings from her own father. She felt like Mack was always favored by her father, which began to fuel her lack of self worth. Gianna was far from the flawless picture that she painted for everyone else to see. Once that seed of self loathing is planted, it becomes much harder to uproot those deep seeded feelings. Gianna found two things that she was better at then Mack...dance and her sexuality. She took those two things and focused all her attention on them.

"It didn't make me feel slutty or easy, it made me feel empowered, like I had finally found a tool that I could use to get my way. I hadn't realized how big a weapon I owned with my sexuality and it made me feel free. It was a feeling unlike any other." -Gianna

Gianna found comfort in her budding relationship with Jake, but he was older and when he went away to college it just wasn't the same. Adding her own dark hidden desires and her growing insecurities, and you can see it was doomed from the start. Then in steps the forbidden wild card...a man she was connected with on an out of this world way, but was off limits in every seemingly conceivable way. He was the first and only person she was her real self with, no hiding behind faux veils of perfection, just the true and emotionally vulnerable Gianna. I couldn't wait to get to this part of the book. It was like the pinnacle ultimate juicy part of a TV soap opera story...the part that you've been waiting all week for! The forbidden love is always my favorite...if it's supposed to be so forbidden, then maybe they shouldn't make the fruit so damn enticingly delicious! 

"We were exactly the same. I knew in that moment he was as lost as I was and our lives crashed together for a reason. Everything happens for a reason, and he was my reason." -Gianna

 They say all is fair in love and war, but this particular love caused an utterly destructive war that caused irreparable damage to many lives in the process. HEA's are nowhere is sight after the horrid ugliness begins. There are so many damn secrets and lies told that I don't know how someone didn't just burst from the unbearable load. Forgiveness and understanding seem unfathomable for anybody involved in this tangled web or deceit and betrayal. I was on the edge of my seat when reading what happened that night from Gianna's side, since she was way more involved then Mack was. Damn these girls were really put through the emotional wringer. Gianna was forced to live a life, if you want to call it a life, without the one man she truly loved all because of her lies and secrets. Will all the secrets be finally revealed? Will revenge be sought? How will they be able to move on from all the destruction?

"He fucked me with anger, he fucked me with passion, he fucked me for all the pain and punishment I put him through, but most importantly, he fucked me with love. Right into my soul where he was forever engrained." -Gianna

I thought I knew who was behind all of it and the reasons why, but I was wrong. Seems like there were even more strings being pulled by puppeteers we hadn't even considered. Well played M. Whatever preconceived notions I had, they were shattered by Gianna's side of the story. I was grunting and growling in frustration with these girls. If they would just have let each other in and leaned on one another, so much of that mess could have been avoided. But then again, that wouldn't have made for such a devilishly enticing story. I love M. Robinson's saucy, dirty, twisted mind (fan girl for life). Job well done indeed...such a gripping and and emotional story. Like I said before...I strongly insist for all my book junkies out there to read both of these books. You don't want to miss out on this story! 

5 out of 5 Shhh...go read this book, Dark and Emotionally Gripping Stars!




M. Robinson loves to read. She favors anything that has angst, romance, triangles, cheating, love, and of course sex! She has been reading since the Babysitters Club and R.L. Stein.

She was born in New Jersey but was raised in Tampa Fl. She is currently pursuing her Ph.D in psychology, with two years left.



She is married to an amazing man who she loves to pieces. They have two German Shepherd mixes and a Tabby cat.

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram


*************
Brought to you by Beauties and The Book

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form