5 Star Reviews Blog Tours Book Reviews

*New Review* Blog Tour: Shhh...Mack's Side by Jettie Woodruff

12:17 AMAlma Lopez

Title: Shhh...Mack's Side
Author: Jettie Woodruff
Release Date: Sept. 1st, 2014
Private message Jettie on FB to be let in the back door of her private group where the release day party for Mack's side will be held. 


My name is McKenzie Perry. I’ve lived a life filled with secrets. Secrets that took me years to understand. 
Secrets that my bestie, Gia, and I kept from the world. Secrets that only I knew. I wasn’t afraid of the lies,
the secrets, or the hidden skeletons. That’s not what frightened me. I was afraid that one day they would come out, somebody would find out the truth. If I am the only one that knew the secrets, the lies, then they were safe, right? 

It took several years for me to understand the impact of lies. Lies I told, secrets I kept, and the lives they controlled. One of the things I know to be true is I did the things I did for a reason, even if I didn’t know it at the time. 

They all had a reason. 

My name is Mack and this is my side of the story. 




(click to make larger)

Review:

Well...I don't even know where to begin with this one. My mind has just been blown, my heart shredded, and my moral standards left in the dust! I have said before that Jettie is an evil voodoo seductress and she just solidified her witchcraft status with this book. It's set in stone now woman, there's no going back.  This book had me on the brink of madness, yet I was jonesing for more. I was right there with Mack, while she struggled with her dark desires. Jettie lured me to the dark side, and before I knew it I was fully submerged and doing a wicked happy dance, shouting a huge 'nana-nana boo boo' to all my morals and good intentions. This is not only a story of lies, secrets, betrayals; but of troubled souls and a misguided journey to find love and happiness. 

"It was pure, dirty, sinful lust. That was the look I was after. Victory was won and I carried the torch. He ate out of my hand and I fed him the poison with my overactive mind and sensitive body." -Mack

Even though I was some what prepared for a wild ride (pep talk instantly rendered ineffective), I still had to pick my jaw up off the floor quite a few times. Mack was such a muti-demensial and complex character that left my emotions in a contradicting hot mess. I was filled with devastating sympathy for her pain and loss, then the next minute I was filled with hair gripping frustration. Mack is living with not only a broken heart, but a broken soul and spirit which has become so shattered that mending it in a form seems inconceivable. (She was a really fascinating enigma that you couldn't help be drawn too.)

"There isn't a kiss in the world to compare it to. It's like trying to teach a blind person the color of blue. How do you describe it? Ice? Ocean? The sky? Or would it be better to describe the opposite? Red. Sometimes you have to see things the wrong way to see them the right way." -Mack

We experience Mack's struggles in the present, and then are taken back bit by bit on how one night put the preverbal nail in her coffin. But the night that changed so many people's lives, wasn't even the beginning. Mack and Gia had effectively effed up their lives way before that. Despite them being best friends all their lives, neither one of them showed their true selves. Mack struggled with not feeling worthy in her father's eyes, which left her desperate for love. She began to fight some pretty big dark and dangerous demons that eventually annihilated all her diluted images of what was right and wrong. There was no going back after the line was crossed. There were so many different things that led them to do what they did that night, but nobody really knew the whole truth. Mack and Gia both held so many secrets that neither of them even knew where to start unloading them, so they didn't. The relationship between Mack and Gia was one truly complicated and tangled web. The roles of puppet and puppet master were so blurred; both girls hiding, lying, betraying...it was a constant chaotic intertwined mess. There is really not a lot I can say about the plot with out giving away all the crazy goodness of this book and all the secrets involved. 

"I was meant to live a lonely, miserable life alone. Danger even brushed off my invitation. Doomed was what I was destined to be." -Mack

I literally held my breath with every turn of the page at times while reading this book. Just when I thought I had it all figured out...BAM...another secret or lie was revealed. I really was questioning if it was actually possible for Mack to find a HEA after everything that had happened. I thought I would feel relieved once I found out what happened, but I knew there was more and the only way to know was to read Gia's side. There truly are two sides to a story and this is the perfect example. Just the right amount was left out, to leave you scratching your head and desperate to find it all out. Jettie Woodruff just gave me the most amazing gift of brilliant madness.  She pulled out emotions of every color and intensity, while once again pushing my boundaries and forcing me out of my warm safe little bubble. That bubble was popped a long time ago Jettie, but it still felt like the first time. I definitely recommend...no wait...I strongly insist that you read both of these books! This is a story that you don't want to miss out on. What are you still doing here? You should be reading Shhh... right now. ;)

5 out of 5 Shhh...this is brilliant madness, Wickedly Enticing Stars! 


Jettie Woodruff is a lifelong writer, living in a pretend world since she was a little girl. Jettie spent hours filling pages of spiral notebooks with a number two pencil and a wild imagination. Her very first story was a scifi of all things.
 Jettie writes more along the lines of erotica now. She likes to keep her readers on edge, and deliver a story that will pull out every emotion possible. Writing on the edge of taboo and dark, Jettie hopes to distribute an adventure you'll not soon forget.

 Married for twenty five years, raising two boys and one girl has left lots of writing material. She has recently become a grandma to not one, but two of the most beautiful little girls on planet earth.

 Jettie also hates doing this bio. That's all you get. She loves to read and write. What else is there? <3

Stalk Links:
Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Twitter


*************
Brought to you by Beauties and The Book

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form