4 Star Reviews Book Reviews

*New Review & Spotlight* The One by Kimberly knight

12:24 PMAlma Lopez


Avery Scott is a hopeless romantic, the complete opposite of his best friend, Easton. For most of his life, he’s been searching for that someone special to spend the rest of his life with. The problem is, he’s had nothing but bad first dates with crazy women he’s met online or at his bar, Halo. When he hears about a singles cruise, his plan is to meet a lot of single women, to test the waters, but when a blonde consumes his every thought, he throws that plan overboard.

Nicole Chambers has had her fair share of heartbreaks. She’s tired of being single or dating guys with girlfriends. She wants to find The One. So she convinces her best friend, Brooke, to go on a singles cruise with her. What she doesn’t expect is to fall head over heels with the first guy she meets.

But what happens once the cruise ends? 

Life isn’t always fairytales and rainbows…

And meeting The One doesn’t always mean finding your happily ever after. Because life can give you a precious gift and then dangle it in front of your eyes and you’re left questioning where to go with your future—or if you even have one.

Buy Links:


The One (The Halo Series, #2) is live and only $2.99 for a limited time!


Review:

This second book was a fantastic addition to this series. This one tells the story of Nicole and Avery, which were the best friends of Ethan and Brooke who we met in the first book. They all met on the same couples cruise, but Nicole and Avery instantly embraced their connection. They hopped right into each others beds and the fireworks were set off with a huge bang. I really enjoyed the flash back to how they met, seeing it from their perspective was great to read. Avery was such a softy with a sweet gooey middle compared to his tough shelled, emotionally withdrawn best friend (I perfer the tough bad boys myself, their my fav). He was a hopeless romantic waiting for the one to spend the rest of his forever with. It was so freakin' adorable to read...I know men hate to be called adorable, but it if the adorable shoe fits--adorable, adorable, adorable. Their whole relationship gave me the warm and fuzzies. All the mushy stuff usually initiates my gag reflex, but I just couldn't help but root for them with a super annoying smile plastered on my face.

"I felt like my life started the day Nicole and I met. For so long I was searching, wanting to find that person to spend the rest of my life with and when I found Nicole  I knew; I knew she was the one. She was my reason to live. My reason to breathe. My reason to love." -Avery

I know that in most romance books, there are always things thrown at them to test the relationship, so I knew that the rainbows were soon to be replaced with some nasty storm clouds. It really did sneak up on me though. They always seemed to handle most of their obstacles pretty seamlessly, but when they were hit with this tragedy, I was quite an emotional wreck.

"It broke me.
It hurt me.
It drained me and everything around me turned to darkness." -Nicole

 Can their relationship survive the tradgeic events that unfold? How do they deal with their overflowing emotions without letting the negative overtake their love? Their HEA was so easily and immediately mapped out for them, but will they be able to find their way back in the right direction?

"The light jacket that I had on allowed the cold wind to seep through, but I couldn't feel anything. What was worth feeling if the only person that made me feel had left me?" -Avery

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the series in general. The story was well balanced with their initial meeting on the cruise, and their story afterwards as well. The back stories of their past hook ups before the cruise were hilarious. I was dying from laughter during Avery's flashback story. Let's just say, it involved a nosy 'peeping Tom' of a lizard named Fred that liked to watch the naughty sexcapades. I like a good book that can make me laugh and also lay on the emotional side as well. I eagerly await the next book in the series, which will continue Ethan and Brooke's story. I definitely recommend this book and series to my fellow book junkie out there. 

4 out of 5 Emotional, Passion-filled, Finding the One Stars!


Author Low Down:


Kimberly Knight lives in the mountains near a lake with her loving husband and spoiled cat, Precious. In her spare time, she enjoys watching her favorite reality TV shows, watching the San Francisco Giants and San Jose Sharks kick butt, crushing candy on Candy Crush, playing computer games like World of Warcraft with Audrey Harte and online poker. Now that she lives near a lake, she plans on working on her tan and doing more outdoor stuff like...watching hot guys ski. However, the bulk of her time is dedicated to writing and reading Romance and Erotic fiction.

Stalk Links:

www.authorkimberlyknight.com
www.facebook.com/AuthorKKnight
www.facebook.com/authorkimberlyknight
twitter.com/Author_KKnight
authorkknight.blogspot.com
pinterest.com/authorkknight







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form