4.5 Star Reviews Book Reviews

*New Review* A Week in New York by Louise Bay

6:57 AMAlma Lopez

Title: A Week In New York
Author: Louise Bay
Release Date: October 21st, 2014
Series: Empire State Series (Book #1)

Synopsis:

Anna Kirby is sick of dating. She's tired of heartbreak. Despite being smart, sexy, and funny, she's a magnet for men who don't deserve her.

A week's vacation in New York is the ultimate distraction from her most recent break-up, as well as a great place to meet a stranger and have some summer fun. But to protect her still-bruised heart, fun comes with rules. There will be no sharing stories, no swapping numbers, and no real names. Just one night of uncomplicated fun.

Super-successful serial seducer Ethan Scott has some rules of his own. He doesn't date, he doesn't stay the night, and he doesn't make any promises.

It should be a match made in heaven. But rules are made to be broken.

A Week in New York is the first in a series of three novellas.

***Not suitable for younger readers due to sexual content and language.***

Add to Goodreads-->A Week in New York


Buy Link:



Review:

Well, I guess its official...I am a dedicated fan girl of the amazing Louise Bay. You can really see how much she has grown as a writer since her debut novel, Faithful. This new series has got its hooks in me, and I am already antsy to get my greedy hands on the next one. This is a spin off from the other series Louise has written. It focuses on Anna, which is best friends with Leah, who we met in Faithful. The characters were fun, witty, and alluring. Ethan was just the right amount of sexy alpha that successfully took me on a first class ride to swoon-town. 

"Fuck," he said. "When you look at me like that, it does something to me. It flicks a switch in me."     -Ethan

It was fun to see these two crumble under the pressure of their own set rules. They both went into it, thinking it was just for one night...no emotions, no promises, just hot sex. Then came those annoying, seemingly set in stone rules they made, all in order to avoid the emotions that typically come from sex. *Cue rule book thrown out the window* What was supposed to be a one night stand...turned into a 7 night stand.

"I like you. You're funny and sexy and amazing in bed. You're here for a week. Then you're gone. You've said you need a little fun in your life and I'm happy to oblige. Why don't we hang out for the week? We can have some fun and then say good bye. No bullshit. No promises."-Ethan


 I loved that Ethan was the one that seemed to throw his neatly compartmentalized emotions out there first. He never had a relationship...only hookups with no actual dates at all (you know the going out to eat, drinks, phone number exchange, walk me to my door bologna). Anna was up for it in hopes to forget her last pitfall of a relationship and for the wild sex of course. She was the one that was more reluctant to let that pesky little emotion she kept trying to shove down creep up oh her...hope for more.

"I was getting over someone else. He wasn't meant to be the guy that got to know me, that took me away for weekends, that gave me more orgasms in the past three days than I'd ever had in my life. He was meant to be uncomplicated fun. This felt like it was verging on complicated."- Anna

As the week went by, they both began to question each others motives. The one girl that Ethan actually wanted a relationship with was about to escape back to England, and he had to let her go. What began as a fun uncomplicated ride with lots of orgasms, took a turn to emotional turmoil, leaving both of them frustrated at the whole situation.  Will one of them suck up their pride and succumb to the overwhelming feelings of how right they are for each other...give the big "eff you' to the whole situation. Or will reality be the bitch that prevails and they just let each other go?

"He didn't say anything. Part of me was relieved--but there was something, a voice right at the back of my head, that was urging him to ask me to stay, to tell me we could be together, we could make it work between us, that it wasn't just a fling for him, that he felt something more, something different."- Anna

This was a novella, so it was short, but also packed with crazy scorching chemistry and an amazingly captivating storyline. (Where do I sign up for a week in New York with Ethan Scott? Hook me up with the sign up sheet Louise.) Ethan swooned the knickers right off me and Anna was a fantastic, fun strong female character. The steaminess of this book left me so hot and bothered, that I had to keep looking around to make sure I wasn't making any inappropriate faces while in public. Louise sure knows how to heat up my Kindle. I had a blush and a smile plastered to my face throughout this book. I really enjoyed the whole concept to this serial novella series, which continues with Autumn in London. This will be the continuation of Ethan and Anna's story and is set to release December 2nd, so be on the look out. I most definitely would recommend this book and series to my fellow naughty book junkies out there. Short, hot, and right to the point!

4.5 out of 5-I want a week in New York with Ethan, Scorching Hot, Captivating Stars! 



Author Low Down:

I write sexy, contemporary romance novels. My first novel Faithful was released in April 2014 and the second, Hopeful, was released July 15 2014.
Ruined by romantic mini-series of the eighties, I love all things romantic. There's not enough of it in real life so I'll settle for books and films.
I love the rain, the West Wing, London, days when you don't have to wear make-up, being alone, being with friends, elephants and champagne.
Stalk Links:

Tweet me
twitter.com/louisesbay
Friend me
Like me
Pin me
Friend me
Add me to your circles
Follow my photos on Instagram
Louisesbay
Find me at home 

Other Books by Louise Bay
Synopsis:
*** Not recommended for younger readers due to sexual content and language.***

Leah Thompson’s life in London is everything she's supposed to want: a successful career, the best girlfriends a bottle of sauvignon blanc can buy, and a wealthy boyfriend who has just proposed. But something doesn't feel right. Is it simply a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’?

Uncertain about her future, Leah looks to her past, where she finds her high school crush, Daniel Armitage, online. Daniel is one of London's most eligible bachelors. He knows what and who he wants, and he wants Leah. Leah resists Daniel’s advances as she concentrates on being the perfect fiancĂ©. 

She soon finds that she should have trusted her instincts when she realises she's been betrayed by the men and women in her life.

Leah's heart has been crushed. Will ever be able to trust again? And will Daniel be there when she is?

Buy Link:


Synopsis:

I've spent the last eight years working hard to put my career front and center in my life, dodging any personal complications. I have a strict no-dating policy. I've managed to piece together a reality that works for me. 

Eight years ago, Joel Wentworth, the love of my life, left for New York. I'd refused to go with him and I haven't seen him again. Never even spoken to him.

Until now.

Now, Joel's coming back to London.

And I need to get over him before he gets over here.

Hopeful is a stand alone novel.

***Not suitable for younger readers due to sexual content and language.***

Buy Link:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form