4.5 Star Reviews Blog Tours Book Reviews

*New Review* Blog Tour: Autumn in London by Louise Bay

1:15 AMAlma Lopez


Title:Autumn in London
 Series: Part 2 of the The Empire State Trilogy
Release Date: December 2, 2014

Anna Kirby went to New York to escape heartbreak and have some fun. She wasn't meant to meet someone . . . someone like Ethan. Now, back in London, she's faced with another man to get over.
Ethan Scott broke every one of his rules during his week with Anna and now he can't seem to go back to life before her. A business trip to London gives him the opportunity to change his rules for good. Will he take it? 
Autumn in London is the second part of The Empire State Series, a series of three novellas.




Buy Links:



Review:

Well hot damn! I am absolutely loving this sizzling and alluring novella series. This continuation both thrilled me, and frustrated me to no end. I can't wait to find out what happens next to this steamy ass couple.This second book picks up pretty much where the last one ended off--Anna went back to London with completely no contact after her and Ethan's amazingly scorching week in New York. What Anna didn't know, was that Ethan would be making an unexpected rendezvous to London. I just love surprise sexy pop ups...and add Ethan into the mix and I was one happy girl.  I didn't think that Ethan could get any more dreamy, but he sure as hell showed me! *cue my knickers being swooned off into the wind*

"I don't have all the answers. You might the me in three months. All I know is that I'd rather spend this time with you and risk a broken heart than walk away. But if you don't want to take that risk--"

Anna had to take a minute to get over the initial shock of not only seeing Ethan again, but for him invading her work and personal life. But after that shock wore off, they both couldn't fight the pull they had towards each other. Their sexual chemistry was so explosive, that it could easily consume them, but it wasn't all about the sex for them and they couldn't deny it any longer. So they had to maneuverer their way through uncharted waters to get what they really wanted and needed. Ethan has never had an actual relationship, and Anna couldn't help but still be wary from her last disastrous relationship. What they both wanted to avoid was unnecessary heart ache.

"I had a feeling that she might be the first girl capable of breaking mine but the thought didn't scare me. I wanted to be with her more than I wanted to protect myself."

What I loved about finally seeing their walls crumble, was the instant protectiveness it evoked in Ethan. He was so determined to do this relationship stuff right and to protect her at all costs. When something came out that threatened her safety even in the slightest, he went into protective caveman mode...and I loved every second of it! They both still had to work hard at figuring out where they stood and where their future would lead. Ethan would be moving back to New York in a few weeks and she still didn't know whether he would want her to come with him or if she should stay in London. Would a long distance relationship actually work for them? Could their insecurities and past baggage hold them back from finally getting what they both truly desired? They both cared about each other and wanted no one else, but could that be enough to hold them together? Control was embedded in almost everything Ethan does, but this whole situation was something he could not have complete control over. Will they eventually let the fear go and come to a decision that will save them from that irritating looming heart break?

"This is difficult, I feel like I'm fucking this up."
Too difficult?
"I only want you, Ethan. I've only ever wanted you and you're not going to mess this up--I won't let you. And you've got to stop me from messing this up too."

I got to say, Anna's procrastinating and indecisiveness was driving me completely looney. I understood where she was coming from, but that didn't stop that pesky frustration from making it's presence left and right. I wanted to scream to both of them to just jump in with both feet. However, I have learned to embrace the frustration because it keeps me hooked like the proud junkie I am (Keep Calm and Read On). There are still many what if's strung around to keep me jonsing for more Ethan and Anna. Tip of my imaginary hat to you Louise Bay--you successfully steamed up my Kindle and had me a permanent swoony pile of goo. I anxiously await for what is to come next. I highly recommend this series to my fellow book junkies out there...go get your one-click on. 

4.5 out of 5 Scorching Hot, Edge of my Seat, Can I Please Have More Stars!



Playlist:

Good Morning Heartache
Ella Fitzgerald

I Wish You Would
Taylor Swift

Don’t You Remember
Adele

I’ve Got You Under My Skin
Diana Krall

King of Wishful Thinking
Go West

Life is Good
Brittini Black

Quitter
Carrie Underwood

Part 1 in the Empire State Trilogy:


Released October 21, 2014

Synopsis:

Anna Kirby is sick of dating. She's tired of heartbreak. Despite being smart, sexy, and funny, she's a magnet for men who don't deserve her.
A week's vacation in New York is the ultimate distraction from her most recent break-up, as well as a great place to meet a stranger and have some summer fun. But to protect her still-bruised heart, fun comes with rules. There will be no sharing stories, no swapping numbers, and no real names. Just one night of uncomplicated fun.
Super-successful serial seducer Ethan Scott has some rules of his own. He doesn't date, he doesn't stay the night, and he doesn't make any promises.
It should be a match made in heaven. But rules are made to be broken.

 A Week in New York is the first part of The Empire State Series, a series of three novellas.

Buy Links:

Amazon
US: www.amzn.com/dp/B00NUDPR66
Canada: www.amazon.ca/dp/B00NUDPR66
Kobo
Barnes and Noble

Coming soon on iTunes and Nook UK



Author Low Down:

I write sexy, romantic, contemporary novels - the kind I like to read!
Ruined by romantic mini-series of the seventies and eighties, I love all things romantic. There's not enough of it in real life so I'll settle for books and films.
I love the rain, the West Wing, London, days when you don't have to wear make-up, being alone, being with friends, elephants and champagne.

Stalk Links:

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Pinterest


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form