5 Star Reviews Blog Tours Book Reviews

*New Review* Blog Tour: Fighting Fate by Barbara Speak

2:04 PMAlma Lopez


Synopsis:

What Marissa Johnson never expected when she came to Illinois to tour her brother's Alma mater was meet the man who would haunt her dreams.
Once introduced, she knew she would do anything to stay close to him and hope for a chance.

Mike Harrison never expected to fall for his old college friends little sister. Defending his heavy weight title and having any woman he wanted wasn't enough to keep him away any longer.

Two years came and went while neither of them acted on their wants or desires. All of that changes when someone's grief brings the two together into a situation they can't ignore any longer. 

But what happens when insecurity, jealousy, and lack of faith come into play? Can these two overcome the obstacles thrown in their path or will it all come crashing down around them?

Add to Goodreads--> Fighting Fate



Pre-Order Link--> http://amzn.com/B00PLYM8R8


Review:

Let me just start by saying, I was dying to finally get Marissa and Mike's story! The bad boy fighter holding onto a long unacquainted secret lust for the innocent forbidden younger sister of his good friend.    * Cue maddening sexual tension* I absolutely loved this series and the whole cast of characters were irresistibly addicting. I was kind of heart broken to see it end. What will I do with myself? Mike was such a heart throb....just go ahead and check your hearts and your knickers at the door. You just can't help but be completely enthralled by this alpha male with a soft gooey middle...but only for Marissa of course. Barbara Speak did a real outstanding job in her first series. She always knows how to scorch up my Kindle with some off the charts sexual chemistry and then...BAM.... she hits you with incredible earth shattering heart break that will shake your very foundation. 

"The only issue I'm having is the fact you are denying what you want from me."
He got even closer until his lips were practically touching mine and said, "The sooner you quit this game you're playing, the sooner you will get what you really want."

We all knew from the other previous books in the series, that Marissa held one hell of a sex charged torch for Mike since they first met. What we didn't know, was that Mike had secretly yearned to have her as well, but held his inner most desires at bay for many obvious reasons. All it took was one snarky remark from Marissa that broke him and he finally gave in. She was shocked and a bit wary of his new found allure towards her. There was quite a bit of frustrating back and forth between them. One minute she was jumping on him in the middle of a liquor store, the next minute she was running away without looking back (literally). Mike was not easily swayed and was very dedicated to show her how much he truly wanted her, not only for the sizzling heat between them either. 

"I don't know how to date, how to move slow and let it happen. For me, if you want something, you get it. You don't stop fighting for it until it's yours."

Hell to the yes! Fight for her Mike...take what's yours. Sorry for my little outburst there. Mike had me  a hot swoony mess through this book. Moving right along, Marissa still struggled with the realization that he actually wanted her and no one else. Mike was training for a fight and she was busy with school, so they had a hard time finding time for each other. Unfortunately this is not the only thing that they have to fight past. It seems like every time they pass one hurdle, something else happens to cause them so much unwanted stress. Some things may have been misinterpreted, but in the end, devastating circumstances occur, and there may not be enough fight in them to hold on. It was completely unbearable to read this part. I had to actually put my Kindle down and take a breather. You know how in movies you scream at the people to not do something (like go upstairs to investigate a mysterious noise), but they do it anyway? Well that is how I felt while reading the second half of this book. I felt so damn horrible for Marissa, felt all her insurmountable pain, but I also wanted to shake the crap out of her at certain times too. Mike's unwavering dedication may not be enough. How can you possibly win, when there is only one person fighting? 

"Not a chance in hell, darlin'. You dropped that on ME. The first girl in my life that I have ever cared about so deeply it burns, the first girl I have ever wanted to hear them from. I'm not going anywhere, ever. You can tell me to go away, leave and never come back, but I will always be yours. I don't want anything in this world like I want you."

I was rooting for both of them till the very end. They both deserved that damn HEA. I was thoroughly  captivated by this story and all the amazing characters who left a lasting impression. I love how Barbara was able to successfully bring on the heat and also wring my heart with emotional turmoil. The connection established between the characters was strong and the storyline reeled you in and kept you begging for more. I can't wait to see what else is to come from this amaazballs author. Keep an eye out on this one my fellow book junkies! This is a standalone novel, but I highly recommend this whole series...go get your one click on. 

5 out of 5 Emotionally Charged, Sizzling Tension-filled, Fight For Me Stars!






Other Book in the Flawlessly Broken Series:


Synopsis:

Sadie Warren is a walking contradiction. The confidence she wears on the outside is only to cover the scars that are imbedded on her soul. Coming out of an abusive relationship where she was stripped of her security and confidence, she chooses to bury it under every man she gives her body to.
After one intoxicated night that she will never remember in its entirety, everything begins to change. Being seen more for her positive attributes and less for her faults, Sadie arises from the dark and into a place she feels safe. But with that comes a chain of events that blur the lines of everything she thought she needed and everything she's beginning to want.

Will fear keep her from the one thing she believes she desires most or will fate take a turn unexpectedly and change everything?

Add to Goodreads--> Finding Solace



Synopsis:

It seems Kate Williams has it all; money, great job, a supportive family, and an amazing group of friends. What she lacks is the confidence and ability to make a good decision regarding the men in her life. After the worse break up yet, she runs into the arms of Ryan, her long time best friend and the one that seems to always mend all of her broken hearts. But after years of being "That" guy, he is ready to confess to her what he has felt all along.
A night out with her friends brings a complete stranger into the mix. One encounter on the dance floor is all it took for him to flood her every thought. But Is he really a stranger after all or is he closer to her than she thinks? 
Should Kate take the chance and chose her best friend, knowing he will cherish her forever? Or should she take a leap and go with the man that had her heart before she even knew his name? 
Someone’s heart will be broken, someone will lose everything they hold dear, and someone will tell the ultimate lie and destroy everything.
Will fearing regret keep Kate away from what she really wants most?



Add to Goodreads--> Fearing Regret


Author Low Down: 


I have a mad passion for books. It could be considered an addiction by some. After the responsibilities of work, being a mother and a wife are  fulfilled each day, I escape in a book. I never really thought of myself as a writer before. My true passion was as a reader. One day an idea came to me and I could not stop after that first thought. I hope you all will enjoy what I can bring you. I have plenty more ideas to go from here.

Stalk Links:


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form