4 Star Reviews Blog Tours Book Reviews

*New Review* New Year in Manhattan by Louise Bay

3:37 AMAlma Lopez


The Empire State Trilogy, Part 3
Release: January 13, 2015
Each novella is around 30k words

Synopsis:

The Empire State Series concludes in New Year in Manhattan.

Anna and Ethan are separated by the Atlantic Ocean. Their previous rules no longer apply.

In order to make things work, Anna needs to let go of her past and take a risk with Ethan. Ethan needs to learn how to deal with the ambiguity of a relationship.

Long-distance relationships are never easy and their relationship is fragile. For how long can it survive under the pressure of separation? Are either of them prepared to give up what they have for the other?

But distance isn’t the only obstacle Anna and Ethan face. Ultimately they have to decide whether they want to share a future together.

Review:


What a bitter-sweet end to a great novella series! I am going to miss Anna and Ethan (maybe Ethan just a wee bit more). They had an amazing and intense adventure to finally find their HEA. The best kinds of love are the ones you don't see coming, and they both were definitely caught of guard by the instant wave of lust and connection that overtook them.  After the second book, we were finally talked off the edge and got a somewhat sense of relief...they were finally going to give their relationship a real shot! It made me want to shout from the rooftops for them. Now they still faced the dreaded long-distance relationship fiasco, as well as both of them still skirting around the talk about the more permanent (moving across the ocean for each other) solution. Cue more fist pounding frustration. I feel like I spent a whole lot of time internally (and sometimes verbally) shouting at both Anna and Ethan to just tell each other what they really want...get those big girl/boy knickers on and take what you want dammit!! Ha...got a little carried away there reminiscing. On to the good stuff...

"'God you smell good,' he said into my mouth. 'and you taste good,' he said, trailing his tongue along my bottom lip. 'And you look phenomenal. Are you sure you're real?'"

Well, Ethan once again successful swooned me into a delirious frenzy. I have my permeant VIP seat on the Ethan train for sure (choo choo). I really enjoyed and appreciated a lot of the struggles they went through while dealing with the long distance part of their relationship. It felt real and authentic. Even the most secure of people begin to question things when that person isn't sitting right in front of them, and these are some of the things the had to navigate through. The looming 'what ifs' and 'what will happen next' also tend to add unwanted worry and doubt. The unanswered questions naturally begin to burn a hole in their love bubble....what will happen when it pops? 

"She didn't get how I felt about her. She couldn't feel what I felt for her because if she did, she'd understand it wasn't a possibility that I would even look at another woman. There would never be room in my brain, my heart or soul for anyone else."

I felt the ominous cloud brewing on the horizon. I had a few theories of what was going to go down...some were right, but a few were way off.  In my book, relationships always need to be tested to see if they can truly last in the long run. This makes all the huffing and puffing I do while reading all worth it.  I just sit back and wistfully read as they find their way back to each other...hopefully. 

" I really wanted him to tell me what he wanted for our future. I wanted the no-bullshit Ethan.
'It's just boring work stuff.'
I wondered if that had been the first time Ethan had bulshitted me."

I really enjoyed this novella series. Each one was jam packed with scorching hot passion and lots of emotional tension to keep you glued to your Kindles. The characters were strong and likable. I also enjoyed revisiting with Leah and Daniel, who we met from Louise's first book, Hopeful. This is the part where I dub my rambling reader hat, and wonder if there will be more from theses characters? Is this really the end...or a to be continued? Are there more spin off novella series coming in the future? Yeah, all those questions and more circle around. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for these answers and what's coming next from this awesome author. 

4 out of 5 Panty Dropping, Emotion-Filled, We Want More Stars!






Playlist:

Love Song
The Cure

Out is Through
Alanis Morrisette

Loving Me For Me
Christina Aguilera

As
Stevie Wonder

Kissing You
Des’ree

Manhattan
Tony Bennett

Thinking Out Loud
Ed Sheeran


Other books in The Empire State Tour:


Adult Contemporary
The Empire State Trilogy, Part 1
Released: October 21, 2014

Synopsis:
Anna Kirby is sick of dating. She's tired of heartbreak. Despite being smart, sexy, and funny, she's a magnet for men who don't deserve her.
A week's vacation in New York is the ultimate distraction from her most recent break-up, as well as a great place to meet a stranger and have some summer fun. But to protect her still-bruised heart, fun comes with rules. There will be no sharing stories, no swapping numbers, and no real names. Just one night of uncomplicated fun.
Super-successful serial seducer Ethan Scott has some rules of his own. He doesn't date, he doesn't stay the night, and he doesn't make any promises.
It should be a match made in heaven. But rules are made to be broken.
 A Week in New York is the first in a series of three novellas.

Buy Links:


The Empire State Trilogy, Part 2
Released December 2, 2014

Synopsis:
Anna Kirby went to New York to escape heartbreak and have some fun. She wasn't meant to meet someone . . . someone like Ethan. Now, back in London, she's faced with another man to get over.
Ethan Scott broke every one of his rules during his week with Anna and now he can't seem to go back to life before her. A business trip to London gives him the opportunity to change his rules for good. Will he take it? 
Autumn in London is the second part of The Empire State Series, a series of three novellas.

Buy Links:




Author Low Down:

I write sexy, contemporary romance novels – the kind I like to read. My books Faithful and Hopeful are stand-alone novels although there are some overlapping characters. The Empire State Series of novellas starts with A Week in New York.
Ruined by romantic mini-series of the eighties, I love all things romantic. There's not enough of it in real life so I'll settle for books and films.
I love the rain, the West Wing, London, days when you don't have to wear make-up, being alone, being with friends, elephants and champagne.
Hearing from readers is the best thing in the world so get in touch!

Stalk Links:

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | Pinterest


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form