4 Star Reviews

*New Review* Tempting Bad by M. Robinson

4:13 AMAlma Lopez

Title: Tempting BAD
Author: M. Robinson
Release Date: March 24, 2015

Synopsis:

Brooke
I’ve come from a privileged life and an even more privileged upbringing. My parents taught me right from wrong and everything in between… except I wanted the gray area. I wanted to live life on the edge with the possibility of falling over. I didn’t care about the consequences because I had no heart…
I left that on the floor of my parents’ bedroom door, shattered.
And never went back to pick up the pieces.

Devon
Family first.
I learned the meaning of the word hate.
I learned that life is a battlefield and I stood frontline.
I learned that praying doesn’t work and God doesn’t listen.
And I learned how to be a man…
All at the receiving end of my father’s fists, my mother’s tears, and my sisters screams.
You can’t run away from your past…
It will always find you, especially when you’re asleep.

Warning: Book contains adult situations.
Sex/language. Mature readers only.
Find on Goodreads

Buy Links:




Excerpt:

I was there, but I wasn’t.
I danced around in a sea of emptiness and longing, it moved around me easily, carelessly, harshly.
It was all and it was nothing.
It made me full and it made me empty.
It pleased me and it dismayed me.
I didn’t care. I was there to do a job. To be a VIP. I played my part beautifully, just as I always did. Letting myself get taken away on empty promises of nothing, but somehow seemed like everything. 



Review:

Well, this was a hum dinger. One thing that M is good at, is giving us some strong bad ass bitches that don't apologize for shit. Her female characters will bring most men to their knees with as little as a teasing smirk or the flip of the hair. I was so happy to hear that there would be a book about Brooke and Devon. These two characters definitely left quite an impression from the VIP Trilogy books. I admit to asking myself a few times, "Hmmm...I wonder what happened to Devon?", and "Damn, Brooke's secrets seem to be locked up tighter than Ft. Knox." Well I got my answers and so much more. This story doesn't start with "Once upon a time..." and that "They lived happily ever after" ending seems too unimaginable to even hope for.

"Bad things happened to good people every day.
Every fucking day.
You choose.
You always have a choice, but it's much easier to blame someone else.
It's human." -Brooke

This book had so much emotional turmoil and heartbreak, that I thought I would start off on a light note. So what did I love about this book you ask? Well, even though Christine was a bit of a beezy with a love for the dramatics, I couldn't help but love the banter between her and Brooke at the beginning. I was literally laughing like a complete loon with some of the crazy stuff that flew out of her unfiltered mouth. I don't know where M comes up with some of this stuff, but it's pure gold for me. The way to my book junkie heart is some hilarious, off the wall, witty dialogue. I eat that shit up (naammm...naammm), and it sticks with me way after I'm done reading. 

"Yeah...we made up. Peace in the Middle East, sista and go sit in a warm bath so that your vagina doesn't feel like it took a pounding from King Kong, talk later." -Christine


We unfortunately go on to grow a distaste for the spitfire that is Christine. That is just a small blimp of betrayal, compared to the overwhelming pain that both Devon and Brooke both went through. Devon's story had my stomach violently twisting and my heart aching. I just wanted to jump in the book to hold and protect him. M never holds back when it comes to the dark gritty details, and she proves it once again with this one. Despite Devon's pain and deep seeded monsters he has to deal with on a daily basis, he has such a kind and loving soul. He was hell bent on not letting those dark monsters out of their cage and let history repeat itself.

"But it wasn't just a nightmare...
It was a memory.
I couldn't keep running away from them.
Because they always found me." -Devon

Brooke's story was completely different from Devon's, but she was also hit with a loud smack of betrayal, which led her to VIP's doorstep. Brooke's talent was to hide. She became so good at it, that she didn't even know who was the real Brooke was anymore. She became her own catalyst, lacking all hope for a happy future...her own trojan horse set up to instantly destroy and take down any kind of emotions that even remotely resembled the word she hated most..."love." How long could Devon go on seeking before he realized she might be too lost to ever be found?

"I don't think twice about leaving them naked, with their emotions pouring all over the silk sheets. Love and I were not friends...we weren't even on the same page. I treated the four-letter word like my favorite four-letter word.
F-U-C-K." -Brooke

So now is the moment where fate steps in and throws these two broken souls together, and we as the readers hope for a safe landing, but in reality we know deep down the fall is going to be a painful one. The old adage always questions whether two broken souls can heal each other, but with Brooke and Devon's story the question marks are never ending. They see behind the facade and looming shadows, but it ends up supplying them with the key ammunition to truly hurt one another. In the end the pieces may be broken beyond repair. Buckle up for one wild, emotion packed tale filled with betrayal, unquestionable lust, and painfully raw vulnerability. The ups and downs will both thrill and frustrate you like no other. Can Brooke and Devon make it through the pain-filled fog to get to their bright happily ever after, that neither one of them would have thought was possible?

"Bambi, with you I never have to pretend...you don't know how free you make me feel. You can't hide from me...you can't run from me...because I will always find you." -Devon

Phew...enough of the heavy. If you haven't read the VIP Trilogy I would recommend reading those first. Even though, this is a spin off and could technically be read as a stand alone, there is a lot of details and characters that might leave you scratching your head a little, if you haven't read the VIP books first. I guess that would be my main tiff with this one. I was left wanting more from certain parts of the book, which I guess "wanting more" isn't such a bad thing when you think of the big picture. Nonetheless, I really did crave for more details from certain scenes, especially some that we experienced in the VIP books. (I know...I'm one needy biddie.) That being said, I really enjoyed Brooke and Devon's story. Even though, I have read all of her books, M still finds a way to keep me guessing while pushing my boundaries at the same time. I was clenching my heart and WTFing all over the place with this one. Oh, and lets not forget this dirty bird knows how to lay out some hot as hell sex scenes...keep doing your "homework" M, we all greatly appreciate it (wink...wink). I can't wait to see what comes next from the lovely M. Robinson. Stay tuned my naughty book junkies...and as always..."Feed the Need!"

4 out of 5 Heart Clenching, Gritty, Lusty Stars!


Author Low Down:

M. Robinson loves to read. She favors anything that has angst, romance, triangles, cheating, love, and of course sex! 

Stalk Links:

Hosted By:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form