Wrap Sheet

***April Wrap Sheet***

10:17 AMAlma Lopez


Wowza...April was jam packed with some amazing reads! Lots of cheesy smiles, loin burning heat, and heart aching passion! I am still reeling and desperate for the continuation to some of these series (patience is not particularly a virtue for this book junkie).  There are some incredible series and books coming out in May, so I am super stoked.  May is already off to a fab start. I have listed all the books I have read over the month of April, along with the synopsis, my general thoughts on the book, and links to each one. Happy reading, and don't forget to FEED the NEED! :)



Synopsis:

This is the story I've been waiting for all my life, and its name is Malcolm Kyle Preston Logan Saint. Don’t be fooled by that last name though. There’s nothing holy about the man except the hell his parties raise. The hottest entrepreneur Chicago has ever known, he’s a man’s man with too much money to spend and too many women vying for his attention.

Mysterious. Privileged. Legendary. His entire life he’s been surrounded by the press as they dig for tidbits to see if his fairytale life is for real or all mirrors and social media lies. Since he hit the scene, his secrets have been his and his alone to keep. And that’s where I come in.

Assigned to investigate Saint and reveal his elusive personality, I’m determined to make him the story that will change my career.

But I never imagined he would change my life. Bit by bit, I start to wonder if I'm the one discovering him...or if he's uncovering me.

What happens when the man they call Saint, makes you want to sin?

Goodreads Link--> Manwhore


Buy Links:


Paperback --> Manwhore
 
 Amazon UK--> Manwhore (The Manwhore Series Book 1)

Junkie Thoughts:
Katy Evans is simply a mad scientist of sexy words and indescriblely alluring male characters! Malcolm Saint is such a riveting and strong male specimen. I was anxious and nervous, not only for Rachel (the female charter), but for me. Yes I am quite the selfish reader (wink,wink). The story ensnared my in it's grip, and I was it's willing captor. The characters were fierce, passionate, and unforgettable. The storyline was refreshing and will keep you wanting more. Beware the dreaded cliffy with this one. I am still holding on by that tiny thread, waiting for the continuation to this incredible story (Gimme...gimme). Manwhore +1 is due to release this summer. If you haven't read from this author yet, I strongly encourage/demand you to hop on this amazing author's train! 

Manwhore +1 Pre-order Links:

Amazon UK--> Manwhore +1 (The Manwhore Series Book 2)


Synopsis:

How many times do you gamble on love? When love has knocked you down, should you give it another chance? When does optimism become stupidity? 

And what happens when the man you’re in love with is never still, always moving, always traveling? Do you say goodbye, or do you leave behind everything that you’ve worked for, everything that you’ve ever known? Can a traveling carnival be my home? 

Oh. You thought I had the answers. No, sorry. No answers, just a lot of questions—and a heart that wants to rule my head. 

Can one person be my home?

Goodreads Link--> The Traveling Woman

Buy Links:



Junkie Thoughts:
This was the second book of the Traveling duet series. The first book, The Traveling Man, left me antsy, frustrated, and desperate for more. Kes and Aimee's story was refreshing, gripping, and pure magic. I was taken on a magical journey that I didn't want to end. This story is like no other romance book I have read, and I have read my share. ;) Stop, drop, and one-click this fantastical duet!


Synopsis:

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Abbi Glines comes the next new adult novel in the Rosemary Beach series, in which we meet Mase, a Texas heartthrob first introduced in Take a Chance who comes to Rosemary Beach to stir things up.

I had an urge to fix all her problems. Which was stupid. She was doing fine without me. But something about those big eyes…

Mase Colt-Manning has always preferred his humble life as a Texas rancher to his birthright as the son of a legendary rock star. In fact, he rarely visits his father’s rarefied world in Rosemary Beach, especially if it means bunking at his vile half-sister Nan’s house—until one visit leads to a chance encounter with a young, gorgeous house maid who awakens him with her off-key but spirited imitation of a country music star…

Reese Ellis finally has her freedom. After escaping a lifetime of abuse from her parents and classmates for an undiagnosed learning disorder, she seizes the opportunity to be a house maid to some of the richest families in Rosemary Beach. But her job is in jeopardy when she causes an accident at the home of her most important client, Nan Dillon. When a hot, half-naked stranger with a cowboy’s swagger comes to her rescue, she’s intrigued—then afraid once he shows his own interest. Reese has never met a trustworthy man in her life. Will Mase be any different?

Goodreads link--> When I'm Gone

Buy Links:


Amazon UK--> When I'm Gone

Junkie Thoughts:
Well, what can you say about the off the charts amazing Abbi Glines?! I absolutely love the Rosemary Beach series. This is the 11th book in the series, so if you haven't read the other books, then you will be lost. Find your way and get your arses over to Rosemary Beach book junkies! Hot cowboy son of legendary rock star + sexy, scarred, emotionally fragile mystery woman= fiery tension and some swoony cowboy rescuing!

'When I'm Back' Pre-order links:

Amazon US--> When You're Back: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series Book 12)

Amazon UK--> When You're Back


Synopsis:

From the USA Today Best Selling Sweet Home Series, comes Sweet Fall; a tale of heartache, beating the odds and finding strength in the most unlikeliest of places. 

We all have secrets.

Secrets well buried.

Until we find the one soul who makes the burden of such secrets just that little bit easier to bear.


Lexington "Lexi" Hart is a senior at the University of Alabama. Surrounded by her best friends, her loving family and having fulfilled her life-long dream of making the Crimson Tide cheer squad, everything is going exactly as she always dreamed it would. But beneath her happy exterior, demons lurk, threatening to jeopardize everything Lexi has worked to achieve. When events in her life become too much to cope with, Lexi finds herself spiraling down into the realm of her biggest fear. Lexi falls hard, victim once again to the only thing that can destroy her and, on the way, finds herself falling straight into the dangerous tattooed arms of a guy from the wrong side of the tracks.

Austin Carillo, starting Wide Receiver for the Alabama Crimson Tide, must get picked in this year's NFL draft. He needs it. His brothers need it. Most importantly, his mother desperately needs it. Brought up in a world where the poor are forgotten, the sick are left to fend for themselves and no hero miraculously appears to pull you out of hell, Austin had no other choice but to make a living on the wrong side of the law—until football offered Austin the break to get his life back on track. But when a family tragedy drags him back into the clutches of the gang he believed he had left far behind, Austin finds himself falling. Falling back into criminal ways and falling deep into a suffocating darkness. Until a troubled yet kindred spirit stumbles across his path, where Austin quickly finds he is falling for a young woman, a young woman who might just have the power to save him from his worst enemy: himself.

Can two troubled souls find a lasting peace together? Or will they finally succumb to the demons threatening to destroy them?

New Adult/Contemporary Romance novel—contains adult content, sexual situations and mature topics. Suited for ages 18 and up.

Can be read as a stand-alone novel.

Goodreads Link--> Sweet Fall

Buy Links:



Junkie Thoughts:
This is book three in the Sweet Home Series, but can be read as a standalone. The first two books are about other characters in the book. This one is about the bad boy Austin Carrillo, who despite being from the "wrong side of the tracks", is trying to get his life together. This story is deep, emotionally raw, and incredibly inspiring. I felt the emotions just as profoundly as the characters themselves. This book is the perfect segue to the final book in the series, Sweet Hope. The Carillo brothers are deeply troubled by their pasts, but you can't help but fall for them. 


Synopsis:


From the USA Today Bestselling Sweet Home Series, comes Sweet Hope.

My name is Ally Prince and I've always been unlucky in love. I don’t know why, I just always… have.

When all of my best friends were falling for their soul mates in College, I was left behind. I was Ally, the pretty cousin of superstar quarterback, Romeo Prince. I was Ally, the best friend to the most amazing group of girls I've ever known—a title I loved, but one I became tired of 'just' being. And I was Ally, the one on which they could all rely.

But to me, I was Ally, the girl with the heart no one had claimed... And I was, Ally, the girl, who underneath it all, was heart-breakingly lonely.

I LOVE love; the thought of it, the nervous excitement of falling for Mr. Right, the desire of someone becoming my entire world... of me becoming theirs. I’ve always wanted passion, heart-stopping, epic, life-changing romance... I’ve always wanted the fairytale… I’ve always wanted it all.

It just never seemed like I would get it.

For the past few years I've thrown myself into my career as a museum curator. I’m the best of the best, the person every museum wants to hire, so when an opportunity came up to move to Seattle, I jumped at the chance. My cousin and my best friend lived in Seattle and I needed a change. 

I needed a new beginning.

I wasn't expecting to meet anyone in the Emerald City. I wasn't expecting to work closely with the reclusive new sculptor my all-important gallery design was centered around. And I certainly wasn't expecting to fall for him... heart-stopping, epic, life-changing love...
My real life fairytale come true.

But, like in every fairytale, there’s a villain, a dark and tortured soul... I just didn't know that the villain and the hero in my story would end up being one and the same.

New Adult Romance Novel—contains adult content, sexual situations and mature topics. Suited for ages 18 and up.

Goodreads Link--> Sweet Hope
Buy Links: 


Junkie Thoughts:
This is the last book in the Sweet Home series, and by far the best one yet! The foundation  for this one was set up flawlessly in Sweet Fall. Once I realized who the male love interest was for this one, I immediately was put on edge. I thought there was absolutely no way in hell-o-operator I was going to hop on board with this...I am a stubborn reader who has difficulty forgiving and forgetting. Man was I wrong, and I have no qualms about shouting it from the rooftops! This book was so beautifully written and the story will bring you to your knees (a true work of art). Even though you can technically read this one as a standalone, you will miss out on so much backstory if you don't read Sweet Fall first. You don't have to read the entire series before you read this one, just Sweet Fall. What are you still doing here....you should be one-clicking theses two amazing books! ;)


Synopsis:

The Circus Spektakul√§r is proud to present Jack McCabe: Fire-breather, knife-thrower, risk-taker. 

My house burned down when I was just a boy, robbing me of both my parents.

Now I breathe fire, eat the poison that almost killed me.

Crowds come to see me night after night. Men for the spectacle, women for the thrill. I’m an oddity to be stared at and desired. With each flame I spit, I risk my life.

I wear scars on my body that will never go away, but the scars inside my head are far more difficult to overlook.

My brother doesn’t know me, and if I have it my way he never will.

Life was going exactly the way I’d planned until Lille came along. She wanted to run away with the circus, have an adventure, but this world was never meant for her.

I try to keep her safe, because she doesn’t know the dangers that are out here on the road. She doesn’t know the monsters that lurk behind the bright lights of the ring. In truth, I could be considered one of them.

We were fashioned from different cloths, never intended to mix. So I watch her. I try not to touch, even when her eyes invite me.

Join us in the Spiegeltent and let us give you a show. Allow my Lille to draw a picture for you in paint and sweat and skin.

The truest love is always the hardest to let in.


This is a standalone romance that tells the story of Jack McCabe, Jay Fields’ long lost, presumed dead brother. It is not necessary to have read Six of Hearts in order to enjoy Hearts of Fire.

Goodreads link--> Hearts of Fire

Buy Links:

Amazon US--> Hearts of Fire

Amazon UK--> Hearts of Fire

Junkie Thoughts:
Wowza...I was completely mystified and blown away by this one! I read the first book, Six of Hearts, which tells the story of Jay Field's, and I really enjoyed it. This book is about Jay Field's thought to be dead brother, who travels with a circus as a fire breather. I know right...HAWT! He was dark and scarred and when a sweet, innocent little thing came traipsing into his life wanting to run away with the circus, he tries his damnedest to convince her other wise. He is rude and brooding towards her, but in the end he can't stay away. She just may be the light to break through his darkness. Get those one-click fingers flexing' book junkies!

Synopsis:
Race car mechanic Andressa "Andi" Amaro has one rule—no dating drivers. With a good reason behind the rule, she has no plans on breaking it.

Carrick Ryan is the bad boy of Formula One. With a face and body that melts panties on sight, and an Irish lilt that leaves women on their knees, begging for more. He races hard and parties harder. The youngest driver to ever sign with F1, he’s still at the top of his game five years later, breaking hearts on and off the tracks.

When Andi is offered her dream job working in the glamorous world of F1, she leaves her home in Brazil, positive she can handle working for Carrick. But she’s not prepared for the off-the-chart sparks that fly the moment they meet.

Now, Andi has a crush on the one man she can’t have, and her resolve is about to be put to the test, because Carrick has decided he wants Andi, and he plans on testing her to the very limit…

Goodreads Link-->Revved

Buy Links:

Amazon US--> Revved

Amazon UK--> Revved

Junkie Thoughts:
Wow...this was a hot, shmexy, sexually charged book! I loved that the female lead was a car mechanic with strong wits and a set in stone rule of not dating drivers. How solid is this rule you ask? Well a sinfully hot bad boy racer is pretty set in shaking up the foundation and making her break that rule with flying colors.  I love a good rule breaking. The chemistry between them was explosive and the storyline successfully kept my Kindle glued to my hand. 


Synopsis:

Reece Hatfield has just one rule when it comes to falling in love: don't fucking do it. There's no room in his life for another person. He can barely keep a handle on things as it is. A shadow of the man he used to be, Reece spends his days tattooing, the artist inside of him longing for the chance to do something different. 

Avery Moore is all dance, all the time. Ballet is all she's ever known, and she's damn good at it. Her body is her art, a living canvas that captivates Reece the first time he lays his eyes on her. 

He yearns to leave his mark on her body... in more ways than one. 

The tattooed degenerate with a shady past. The beautiful ballerina with a bright future. They live in different worlds, yet somehow, they fit. But just because they fit doesn't mean they belong together. Cracks sometimes form. Two pieces don't always make a whole. The course of love never did run smoothly. Things get messy. 

And Reece doesn't do messy. 

Not anymore.
Goodreads Link--> The Mad Tatter
Buy Links:
Amazon US--> The Mad Tatter

Amazon UK--> The Mad Tatter
Junkie Thoughts:
Reece can mark me any day of the week. Loved this unique and enthralling story. He was a troubled tattoo artist with shadows lurking behind every corner. He never saw the beautifully pure, dancing ballerina coming. I love when the bad boy gets the unexpected handed to him. Reece and Avery have a rocky road ahead of them, but not even Reece can deny the undeniable any longer. The story flowed effortlessly and the characters stole my heart! 



Synopsis:

Loss… a word Elizabeth Haddington knows only too well. Despite the tragedies she’s endured, she’s been able to rise from the adversity she’s faced and begin her life again. Being a self-assured and strong woman, she knows she doesn’t need anyone to make her whole.

Hate, pain, and twisted memories are all Sawyer Bryant’s ever known. He’d slowly lost who he was and what he should’ve become. His only escape was the military… Eight years later, as an ex-Navy SEAL, he’s forced to confront his father and their disturbed and violent past. 

Then one day, his life is turned upside down, when he glimpses a woman singing in her car at a set of traffic lights. Thinking he’d never see her again, amazingly he finds her performing with her band at the local bar. This chance encounter brings these two lost souls together. Once Sawyer gets a taste of her melodic voice, there’s no turning back. 

For Elizabeth, when she meets Sawyer… she realizes she’s fallen hard. But is this really love she’s feeling or does love build slowly over time? 

What happens when fate turns things around on you, creates flashes you can’t turn from… moments that will shape your life? 
They are faced with the choice of darkness surrounding them or to rid themselves of the guilt and pain and move toward the light. 

This story is about life’s moments. How they can make you or break you, and one man’s hope that… Love, won’t judge him.

Goodreads Link--> Still Life

Buy Links:



Junkie Thoughts:
This was a fabulous debut novel for this new author. It's a stand alone that is part of a series that follows the secondary characters. Sawyer is so effin' drool worthy *wipes mouth* that there was no helping the swoon fest that he unleashed. Elizabeth and Sawayer both have painful pasts that they have had to deal with, which makes them both weary of starting up a relationship. Add to that some complicated male best friend shenanigans, and you have quite a messy situation. The story was compelling and the characters were strong. Get on board with this amazing new author. The next book, Still Water is soon to be released. 



Synopsis:

From the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Driven series. 

One Night. That's all it was supposed to be.

Reeling from the sudden loss of her sister, Haddie Montgomery has sworn off relationships. All she wanted from Beckett Daniels was a sexy distraction to help her escape her pain for just a little while....There weren’t supposed to be any strings attached—so why can’t she shake the memory of that unforgettable night from her thoughts? Or the taste of his kiss from her lips?

No matter how hard Haddie tries to forget about him, Becks relentlessly tries to prove that she should start living for today. But she is determined to avoid romantic commitment, and she can always use her ex-boyfriend’s reappearance to help snuff out the slow burn within her that Becks has sparked....

Or will fate force her to realize that this kind of connection doesn’t come along very often and a chance at love is worth the risk?

Goodreads Link-->Slow Burn

Buy Links:



Junkie Thoughts:
The Driven series is one of my all time favorite series to this day! I love me some Colton Donavan. Beckett Daniels was surprisingly swoony and melted the knickers right off me. This story was so hot, yet heart clenching at the same time. I also loved reconnecting with Colton and Riley through this book as well. The sneak peak chapter for Sweet Ache, which is Quinlan's book, was a tasty treat indeed. Can't wait for that one to come out. The only very small thing that bugged me a little about this one, was the complete overuse of the "no strings" pun used through out the book. It irked me how many times that phrase was used over and over again. That being said, I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the remaining books in the series. 


Synopsis:

Joshua Miles has spent his early twenties spinning his wheels. Working dead-end jobs and living at home has left him exhausted and uninspired, with little energy to pursue his passion for graphic art. Until he meets Gemma Henare, a vivacious out-of-towner from New Zealand. What begins as a one-night stand soon becomes a turning point for Josh. He can't get Gemma out of his head, even after she has left for home, and finds himself throwing caution to the wind for the first time in his life.

It's not long before Josh is headed to New Zealand with only a backpack, some cash, and Gemma's name to go on. But when he finally tracks her down, he finds his adventure is only just beginning. Equally infatuated, Gemma leads him on a whirlwind tour across the beautiful country, opening Josh up to life, lust, love, and all the messy heartache in between. Because, when love drags you somewhere, it might never let go even when you know you have to say goodbye.
 
Goodreads Link--> Where Sea Meets Sky
Buy Links:

Junkie thoughts:
I had to actually sit back and think about how I felt about this one. This is a standalone novel, but it's a spin off from the Love, in English duet. It follows Vera's brother Josh and his journey to self discovery via a last minute spontaneous trip to New Zealand. This one had such great potential and the beginning was really fantastic. I was strapped into my front row seat ready for the amazing ride. Unfortunately about half way through I felt the story lagging. At first, I really loved the incredible scenery of New Zealand set by the author, but after awhile I felt lost in translation. It was so hard to keep up with all the names and history of the places they were visiting. Don't get me wrong, I was sold on my own personal trip to new Zealand after this read, but I felt like I had to try pretty hard to keep up with all the information overload.  The love story aspect was always in a state of limbo, and I just felt it dragging in some parts. I still look forward to reading the next book, Racing the Sun. Hopefully it will lean back toward the greatness that was Love, in English.



Synopsis:

From New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo comes a twisted and passionate love story that pushes the boundaries of loyalty.

Maybe we shouldn’t have fallen so fast and so willingly.

Maybe we shouldn’t have moved in together before we went on our first date.

Maybe we should have given our wounds time to heal before we tore each other to shreds.

Maybe we should have never been together.

Houston has kept a devastating secret from Rory since the day he took her into his home. But the tragic circumstances that brought them together left wounds too deep to heal.

Five years after the breakup, Houston and Rory are thrust together by forces beyond their control. And all the resentments and passion return with more intensity than ever.

Once again, Houston is left with a choice between the truth and the only girl he’s ever loved.

The Way We Fall is the first book in The Story of Us series, which follows the tumultuous love story of Rory and Houston. The sequel, The Way We Break, will be released Spring 2015.
 

Goodreads Link--> The Way We Fall
Buy Links:


Junkie Thoughts:
Cassia Leo is a pro at delivering some deep and emotional stories. This book had it's ups and downs for me. There was an underlying mystery that we got bits and pieces given to us from flashbacks to their pasts. The flashbacks from each of the main characters is what kept me reading. I needed to know the reason for their first failed attempt at a relationship, which led them to their present hot mess situation. I became really frustrated (not the good kind) and I am not sure where to pinpoint it. When the truth is finally revealed, it was not exactly what I was thinking. It didn't quite validate the reasoning behind keeping it a secret from her for so long. So I really liked parts of the book, and some parts were left lacking for me. I still want to continue the story with the second book, because I always want to know what happens, and see if maybe the second book will pull it all together for me.



Synopsis:

I can't stop thinking about that prick. 

Caulter Sterling is a prick.

A filthy-mouthed, womanizing, crude, spoiled, arrogant prick.

The tattooed, pierced, panty-melting-hot son of a celebrity.

I hate him.

He's slept his way through practically every girl at Brighton Academy.  

Except for me.

I'm the good girl. The responsible girl. The 4.0, class president, studied-so-much-she-never-lost-the-big-V girl.

And in celebration of graduation and adulthood, I just made the worst decision in the history of ever.  

I lost my V-card to the devil himself.

It was just one night. So what if it was mind-blowing? Hit it and quit it.

Except I just found out that my father - the Senator, the Presidential hopeful - is marrying Caulter's mother. Oh, and this summer? We're hitting the campaign trail.

One big happy family.

I'm totally f**ked.

Goodreads Link--> Prick

Buy Links:



Junkie Thoughts:
The taboo step-brother craze seems to be going full speed ahead. I have read a few different forbidden step-brother books, some were fantastic and some just missed the mark. This one landed in the middle for me. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't off the charts incredible either. Katherine was the good girl who didn't want to go to college with her V-card still intact, so she booty texts the notorious dickish bad boy to rip that card to pieces. That one night ends up haunting them both. Katherine and Caulder end up having to spend the summer together because their parents have been having a secret relationship and are getting married. *Cue the step-brother taboo* Now they have to fight off the sexual tension, since they will be step-siblings...big no no. The chemistry was hot, and despite the similar step-brother love formula, the story still kept me reading. If you love a good forbidden, unwanted but undeniable steamy lust/love story, then this is the book for you! 



Synopsis:

My name is Milo Caro and I have a confession to make.

I’ve been in love with Colton Mathews since I was five. He should have known that sharing a cookie with a sugar obsessed little monster would do the trick–it sealed his fate. So really, the fact that he’s sporting a black eye, a limp, almost got ran over by a car, and was nearly responsible for another person’s death? Right. HIs fault. Not mine. 

I made a pact with myself–this weekend would be different. I’d come home for my brothers wedding, smile, and Colton would naturally melt into my arms, we’d get married have five kids, live in a house by the river, and get a dog named scratch (clearly I’ve thought this through).

What really happened? I punched my brother in the face, Colton kissed me and apologized, I lied about having a boyfriend, oh and everyone wants to meet the mystery man. 

They say laughter always comes before insanity–ha, ha. All I wanted was my brother’s best friend…instead I’m sitting in prison. 

Let this be a lesson to you all…life rarely happens the way you want it to. 

Damn cookie.


Buy Links:



Junkie Thoughts:
Man, I really wanted to love this one. Rachael Van Dyken is a genius writer. I fell in complete and utter book love with the Ruin Series. It was heart achingly brilliant, so when I read the blurb for this one, I was all over it. Sadly I was left utterly unsatisfied and frustrated beyond belief.  The beginning had my hopes high, because it was flippin' hilarious. I laughed out loud like a total loon many a time, but it got to be way overboard after awhile. The actual love story was put way, way, way in the background with the complete chaos of events and people that transpired. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form