4.5 Star Reviews Book Reviews

*New Review* Affairytale by C.J. English

6:32 AMAlma Lopez


Synopsis:

I had an affair. The most forbidden and seductive affair, and fell in Love. 

He was a rare gentleman, intelligent and gorgeous; a man every woman desired. Every cell in my body was telling me that he was my happily ever after. I was stuck in a marriage of mediocrity, I ached for red silk romance and carry me away passion, but not with my husband. I craved Him. Living without him was cruel and unusual punishment, even for my wandering heart. 

Affairytale is a tantalizing memoir of sultry encounters, hidden grottos and secret hillside cabins. From the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes to the Southern shores of Maui you’ll fall in love with this tell-all memoir that pulls back the veil on infidelity and gives you rare look into hearts and bedroom of a real life extramarital affair. Woven with original love letters and scandalous text messages, this engrossing true love story is sure to break then win your heart. 

True Love always finds a way. 
Sometimes...it starts with an affair. 


Readers are raving about Affairytale. 

“Brilliantly written with heartbreaking honesty….” 

“An extraordinary love story about hidden desires and following your heart…” 

“An irresistible memoir filled with sultry encounters and secret rendezvous…”

Add to Goodreads-->Affairytale

Buy Links:


Amazon UK --> AFFAIRYTALE: A Memoir

Book Trailer:



Review:

This was a step a bit outside my usual book read, not that it didn't possess passion, love, and heart ache; but that it was a memoir. This was not a book about fictional characters and fantasy, this was a real life true and raw story of the authors quest to finally experience the love her life. C.J. English was such a brave author to share her story of lies, betrayal, lust, and unavoidable love with us. I tip my imaginary hat off to you C.J. I struggled a bit sitting down to write this review, solely because I usually analyze the characters and the storyline of a fictional story, but how do I as the reviewer critique the characters and story without unintentionally passing judgment? Well I took a step back and decided the best way to go about it, was to look at how the story was told and the writing itself. Despite the preconceived ideas of how an affair is quick to turn sexual, this was not the case with C.J. and Grant. C.J. tries to squash her consuming feelings for Grant for a very long time.

"This thing I felt for another man is completely normal, I convinced myself, a biological desire for the opposite sex, an inborn chemical attraction that would eventually dissipate." 

This book was filled with notes and texts shared between herself and Grant, which I really enjoyed reading. It gave the reader an intimate connection into their journey. I really felt like I connected with the author's voice and could definitely relate to some of her desperation and frustration. This book really brings to light the human condition...we all crave to be loved and accepted. The resentment and utter distaste that grew between herself and her husband felt like a physical venom leaping from the pages, that even I tried to avoid. I felt the unfairness of the situation with every raw and toxic word they threw at each other.

"Resentment killed my spirit in a record quick time. I became a hardened, empty partner lying dead on a cold metal table with a toe tag that read, 'Don't fucking touch me,' and, 'Don't even dare try to have sex with me.''

The connection between C.J. and Grant was fierce and absolutely undeniable. The story flowed effortlessly and had me enthralled. I had become invested in their story and couldn't wait to find out what happened next. I don't know what this says about where my moral compass points, but I was screaming with an unadulterated frenzy for Grant to throw caution to the wind and take what was rightfully his. However, I do respect his restraint, and I also thought that Grant was very much the perfect fictional book boyfriend that we could only wish were actually real. 

"I ached for red silk romance, and carry me away passion, and I ached for it with nobody else but him. He was a breed of charming I couldn't resist."

So in a nutshell, I got everything I love in my romance with this book, but was also gifted with the glimmer of hope that despite the cards we are dealt, with a dollop of requited love, a set of steal balls, and a sprinkle of patient fate, we can find that true everlasting love. C.J. was able to take something that that is considered taboo and condemnable by many, and made it into something relatable. We are all searching for love, happiness, and fulfillment in the end. I was thoroughly happy that her life finally aligned to where it was always destined to be. A big thank you to C.J. English for allowing us to live vicariously through her story, which also helped to shed a better understanding on the views of having an affair. Your story was brilliantly told and may have even sparked some inspiration to many of those out there still looking for the same thing. I'm glad I took the leap and read this amazing tale. Not every risk has a reward, but thankfully this one did! 

4.5 out of 5 Enthralling, Honest, Destined Love Stars!


Author Low Down:

C.J. English is an Amazon Kindle Best Selling Author in Love and Romance. She made her debut with the sexy and scandalous memoir AFFAIRYTALE. 

C.J. lives happily ever after with the man of her dreams and their growing family. She is a lover of life and sushi, wine and wandering, and lives as whole-heartedly as she writes. 

When not spending quality time with her family or laptop, you can find her in the kitchen with a stop watch trying to set a new world record for slicing vegetables. C.J. is a passionate vegetarian and consistent rule breaker in writing and in life. 

Stalk Links:

Wesite--> www.affairytalebook.com 

Pinterest--> https://www.pinterest.com/affairytale...

Instagram--> https://instagram.com/affairytalebook/

Facebook --> https://www.facebook.com/affairytalebook

Twitter--> @affairytalebook on Twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form