4 Star Reviews

*New Review* Scorched by R. Holmes

12:25 PMAlma Lopez


Title: Scorched

Author: R. Holmes

Release Date: September 15th, 2015


Synopsis:

Hale Jarreau left my life the same way he entered it--all at once. 

We once burned like a fire, raging and consuming and I spent my life loving him. I didn't have a choice. 


And then, he was gone... Leaving my heart aching and my soul empty.

Time doesn't heal a damn thing and pain comes in many forms. But time only makes that pain ache deeper. 

It makes forgetting impossible. 

Every love has its story. 
This one is ours.

Add to Goodreads--> Scorched


My Review:

Well, these are the moments where being a book blogger freakin' rocks! I am so incredibly thrilled to have met this amazing woman and author, as well as get my greedy book junkie hands on her debut book before it releases. This book drew me in immediately, luring me with all the innocent childhood adolescent connections. Where does one find boys like Hale to move in next door to completely captivate your heart and soul? I know there were none in sight in my neighborhoods growing up. The connection between Ember and Hale was undeniably heart clenching and passionately scorching as well (pun intended). This story is not only filled with passion and love, it also had unbearable loss and heart break. These two soul mates have to endure a separation that may cause them to live with out the other forever.

"I'm mourning for the pain that he has had to endure. I'm mourning for the innocent love that was so unfairly stolen from us."

I went back and forth on what to divulge in my review since this book is not due out until mid September, and the last thing I want to do is spoil it for anyone. I know that if I was told some of the parts of this book before had, it would have definitely taken away some of the emotional impact. That being said, I will do my very best, to summarize while leaving the juicy bits still intact...a bit of a sampler platter if you will. Okay, moving on. Ember and Hale had their whole lives planned out, happily ever after just over the horizon, until life decided to kick them in the ass and threaten to strip them of all those hopes and dreams. This is the part where I seriously needed someone to give me a hug, hand me a shot of whiskey, and maybe through in a life affirming ass grab into the mix. 

"Watching that love stand in front of you and deny you. Deny what you've been holding on to for so long. There's no pain in the world like knowing Hale doesn't want me, that he doesn't need me the way I need him."

*sigh* The first half of the book was pretty emotional, but the second half was smoother sailing for the most part. I loved Hale something fierce! You see that pile of gooey female hormones over there? That would be me being rendered a swoony mess over that shmexy adorable Hale. Everything he said and did had purpose and unquestionable love tethered to it. 

"I swear she owns me. All the fucked up pieces of me. My sweet girl is my salvation." 

This book packed quite the emotional punch, but was also refreshing at the same time. I loved how their love started from childhood, it solidified their soul mate status from the start. You could feel Ember's lost reverence and wounded soul, with all her failed attempts at trying to move on with her life. Hale's deep rooted anger and frustration each time he denied himself what he truly wanted was just as impactful. I thought this was quite an amazing debut book from a wonderful indie author. I can't wait to read more from her. Tip of my imagery top hat to you Ms. Holmes! I am honored to be a part of her growing journey. Be sure to add this one to your TBR's my book junkies, and keep your eyes peeled on this author...lightly stalking always welcomed!

4 out of 5 "I Want to be Hale's Sweet Girl, Heart Clenching, Passion Filled" Stars!



Author Low Down:

R. Holmes is from a tiny itty bitty town in southern Louisiana where everyone knows everyone. Land of alligators, boudin balls and Mardi Gras. She spends her days being a super mom and her nights writing sexy alpha men for all of her #bookwhoresisterhood girls. Connect with her via facebook, instagram (@rholmesauthor) and twitter!

Stalk Links:


Facebook--> https://www.facebook.com/rholmesauthor

Twitter--> @rholmesauthor

Instagram--> www.instagram.com/rholmesauthor





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form