5 Star Reviews Book Reviews featured

*New Review: Ladies Man by Katy Evans

1:05 PMAlma Lopez



Blurb:

TAHOE ROTH. 
Irreverent, cocky, playful and naughty. 
He’s not the guy you date. 
He’s the one night stand. 
The one your mother warned you about. 
The one your body craves. 

You’d think the man who called me succulent would want to strip me down and spread me out on his bed—like he’s done with countless others. 
But he passed on my offer…. 
Just like I’d once passed on his. 
He’s wary, like I am. 
He’s broken, like I am. 
And everyone knows two broken parts can’t ever make a whole. 
Tahoe and I are strictly friends. 
So I distract myself with other men. 
He doesn’t think my new man is good enough. This blond blue-eyed beast doesn’t think any man is—himself included. 
But the more time we spend together, the more confused I feel. 
I'm trying to open myself to love. 
Yet I'm quickly realizing that the only man I want is Tahoe Roth. 
The one man who will surely break my heart. 

A sexy new standalone contemporary romance from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katy Evans. Although part of the Manwhore series, this book can be read as standalone.


Review:

"Tahoe the beast.

I was a lucky winner of an ARC and I quite literally had to take a fan girl giddy moment...well maybe more than a minute. Katy Evans is an instant one- click author for me, actually I own every one of her books on paperback, and this one will be nestled right next to the rest of the collection as well. After my proper tween girl (wrist-flicking-face-fanning-on-tip-toes) melt down, I dropped everything I was doing and initiated "book nerd hermit mode", which led to me reading the whole book in one day (sorry family and friends). Tahoe "T-Rex" Roth is my perfect broken alpha male stud. It's like Katy dug deep into my brain and plucked every quality that made up my perfect book boyfriend...and voila...there he is...in all his blue-eyed modern day Viking glory!! I was already pretty mildly swooning over him while reading the first two books in the Manwhore series, but my heart and my knickers fell so HARD for him after reading his story. Put a fork in me...I'm done. I'm not sure how Katy Evans can continue to create such unique and unforgettable characters, but I bow down to her genius. 

"There's smarts and pride behind those eyes. He owns the suit but it looks like his cage: the beast is prowling within."

Tahoe Roth was the typical playboy who knew how to have fun with a carefree flare and a heated smile that could smolder you in an instant. Gina was a woman scorned who had some deep seeded trust issues which gave her a harsh "man hater" attitude. This set up the perfect recipe for sexual tension and lots of angst. Hmmm....my fave! A girl has needs though right? So Gina let's her lady bits do the thinking for a hot minute and decided that Tahoe was the perfect one-night stand. Well, every laid out plan has it's flaws, because Tahoe rejected her advances (a little payback perhaps). 

"I want to take him home and kiss him. I want him to take me home and kiss me. And then I wanted to forget I ever kissed him, and ever wanted to."

Since Tahoe wasn't giving up his sexy Viking man goods, Gina ended up gravitating towards another man, a safer man, a man who she felt she was enough for. Tahoe and Gina go on a back and forth ride of jealousy, friendship, and something much deeper. There was a broken soul buried beneath that cocky smirk, and Gina seemed to be the only one who not only saw it, but wanted to bust out her shovel and dig in. I mean they both gave it the old college try, but how long could they both deny their continually growing connection? Will either of them be brave enough to let go and risk their friendship? And the sexual chemistry...HAWT damn!! I was a fidgety hot mess, screaming for her to chain him up and ravage that Viking already. 

"There's never been a guy in my life more protective of me than he is–to the point of protecting me from himself."

This was supposed to be a short and sweet review, but as soon as I started typing, my rambling fingers couldn't stop. Even though I purged and read it in one day, I seriously didn't want it to end. The only perk that kept me going was Callan's story is still to come. Now that is going to be a doozy, seeing as we get a nice set up of who this next playboy has his sights set on in his book. Needless to say, I'm having some serious T-Rex withdrawals right now. That sexy, arrogant, wealthy stud donning his suit and smile...but that wild untamed beast laying in wait ready to bust out of those finely stitched seams. Mother may I? Tip of my imaginary hat to you Katy Evans. This was yet another unbelievable story by an unbelievably talented author. She always manages to pull all the right strings, and I am nothing more than a willing puppet. If you guys haven't read this author before, I strongly recommend/demand you go get your one-click fingers flexing. You can thanks me later. ;)

5 out of 5 T-Rex, Bye-Bye Knickers, Point that Sexy Viking Smile this Way Stars!!! 




Buy Links:




Author Low Down:


Katy Evans is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her debut REAL shot to the top of the bestselling lists in 2013 and since then all of her titles have been New York Times bestsellers. Her books have been translated into nearly a dozen languages across the world, with over a million copies sold worldwide. 


Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorKatyEvans

Twitter @authorkatyevans

Website: www.katyevans.net 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form